Draws Taken from Little Si!

jibby

If you think I'm a "blowhard", it only exposes your intolerance for perspectives other than your own

i think that you and others have the intellectual ability to see that calling you a "blowhard" has no bearing necessarily on the caller's lack of tolerance for opposing viewpoints; you might simply be a blowhard, simple as that.

Should I post a happy clown picture for you rather than a crass dog dragging his butt across the floor?

at least you've matured past the point of posting pics of the developmentally disabled in a piss-poor attempt at smearing those you disagree with; congratulations.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) You have no respect for me nor my profession...it is irrelevant to this discussion other than I use the skills I've learned through mountaineering to pursue exploration grave-robbing

Is it still "leave no trace" if you leave a hole where the bones were?

If you think I'm a "blowhard", it only exposes your intolerance for perspectives other than your own

i think that you and others have the intellectual ability to see that calling you a "blowhard" has no bearing necessarily on the caller's lack of tolerance for opposing viewpoints; you might simply be a blowhard, simple as that.

Should I post a happy clown picture for you rather than a crass dog dragging his butt across the floor?

at least you've matured past the point of posting pics of the developmentally disabled in a piss-poor attempt at smearing those you disagree with; congratulations.

Clowns are developmentally disabled? Or funny-lookin' guys with big ears?

There seems to be little room on this site for other viewpoints without it getting ugly.

Next step: bypass "the community" and go straight to "The Man". "He" seems, with increasing frequency, to understand the concept of environmental preservation over the long-term, rather than many here who seem to think that they can do whatever they want, however they want, wherever they want, to OUR finite public land. Guess what...you can't. Enjoy the no rules-anything goes-free ride while it lasts cuz it ain't hard to explain what's wrong with it and lots of folks are catching on.

Climb clean or lose your "unbridled" freedom the cheap, dirty and unintrospective way.

Oh no! The door almost hit me on the butt on my way out!

best+christmas+movies+home+alone.jpg

2) You have no respect for me nor my profession...it is irrelevant to this discussion other than I use the skills I've learned through mountaineering to pursue exploration grave-robbing

Utter and sheer ignorance of the highest scale....I hope you enjoyed that. Feel better now? Run along now and join your like-minded mateys.

Leave your quickdraws out in the open? Trash to be collected!

Leave your bones in the dirt? The same!!!

Don, I respect and tolerate your ideas and beliefs. However, every time you post in a thread about a sport climb, bolts, etc, you feel the need to deride us for participating in a style of sport which so many of us enjoy and would not be accessible without this style. The constant imposition of your beliefs upon us is quite frankly obnoxious. Another example of this was your response to FFSummers post about exit 47. This was uncalled for and rude. He was looking for info and you felt the need to hijack the thread and put everyone else down.

I have a challenge for you.... For one whole year, refrain from imposing your beliefs about bolts and ethics upon everyone else on this site. I don't think you can do it. I don't know if you have enough self control. I think you would gain more respect in the community.

Don, I respect and tolerate your ideas and beliefs. However, every time you post in a thread about a sport climb, bolts, etc, you feel the need to deride us for participating in a style of sport which so many of us enjoy and would not be accessible without this style. The constant imposition of your beliefs upon us is quite frankly obnoxious. Another example of this was your response to FFSummers post about exit 47. This was uncalled for and rude. He was looking for info and you felt the need to hijack the thread and put everyone else down.

I have a challenge for you.... For one whole year, refrain from imposing your beliefs about bolts and ethics upon everyone else on this site. I don't think you can do it. I don't know if you have enough self control. I think you would gain more respect in the community.

Don't call me "Don"; I'm "Raindawg" on this site, "DRep". I "deride" sport-climbing because of what it is: the antithesis of the clean recreation movement that has been progressing now for at least 40 years. Enjoy your convenience thrills if you like, it's no doubt very fun, but a growing number of us see it as unenvironmental and "leaving way too much trace" on OUR public land and I predict that the future will be on my side. You can petend that no one objects, but that's just fantasy. My "imposition" of beliefs is merely an expression of an opinion of which you obviously disagree. Take it or leave it. It's not "imposed" on you and any reader of this site has the ability to scroll-on-by any message coming from "Raindawg". In fact, I recommend that very thing to anyone who is afraid of ideas that might not conform to their own. Who taught you that ethics aren't important nor worthy of contemplation?

Your so-called "challenge" is absurd. As noted above, nothing is being "imposed" unless you think an expression of a dissenting perspective is unacceptble. By the way, I'm not seeking the respect of the so-called "community" .. but you'll probably get your wish, though, because I've just about had my fill....as have several others who have for the most part abandoned this site. Enjoy the complacency while it's fun! Good luck, "DRep"!

Despite the site clause against personal attacks, still another comes out of the woodwork with nothing better than an ad hominem attack against a purveyor of unpopular views, even to the point of ridiculing his profession! I shouldn't even respond to this but FYI, the places where I work were robbed by their own people over 3,000 years ago, and when I'm done with my job, it's a better, more dignified place than how I found it. And I've spent many tens of thousands of dollars conserving what I find and its environment for the benefit of even you and your great-grandchildren. What have you contributed to human heritage? How does your foolish attack on my profession contribute to this topic? Go take your mean ignorance and get lost.

Same argument again and again and again and again. Well then what can we do to make sure you've had enough? I really want to know so that I can start a farewell thread for you. :brew:

Go ahead and start it, oh wise man of superior character.

No, better yet, I'll start it!

"bye, bye, repetitive Raindawg! Don't disrupt our playground! No one here likes your opinion, nor style, nor even your profession, blah, blah, blah...go find another place to play because "it's all good" in our sandbox!"

Enjoy the fantasy! :[]

Have a great life,"DRep"! :brew:

I mean that!

Ya know Dawg,you show up a few times every couple months and lob some grenades then disappear.

If your goal is making serious points then act serious and try to stick to good debating protocol. Among other things that means no more posting pictures of BLTs on cliffs or Macaulay Culkin.

I know other posters may continue flame throwing, but at least you're proving you're better than that and take the subject seriously. People might actually take you seriously enough to engage in a real discussion instead of looking at your posts and thinking either, "That nutjob is back," or, "Who is this freak?"

I've seen plenty of overbolted routes and crack bolting. I agree bolting cliffs is a discussion worth having, but good discussions always involve give and take. Like a lot of subjects with two opposing sides nobody will think they got everything they wanted in the end. At the very least getting route setters to think before breaking out the drill is a step in the right direction. Right now you're just going to get a big ignore from folks doing what you dislike as they break out the drill.

Suppose I find a sling and Neutrino on Girth Pillar. Should I assume it has been left as crucial gear by someone working the route?
you need to remove it, and put a note in lost and found spraying how you found it...we've been through this before!

:tup:

Don't call me "Don"; I'm "Raindawg" on this site, "DRep". I "deride" sport-climbing because of what it is: the antithesis of the clean recreation movement that has been progressing now for at least 40 years. Enjoy your convenience thrills if you like, it's no doubt very fun, but a growing number of us see it as unenvironmental and "leaving way too much trace" on OUR public land and I predict that the future will be on my side. You can petend that no one objects, but that's just fantasy. My "imposition" of beliefs is merely an expression of an opinion of which you obviously disagree. Take it or leave it. It's not "imposed" on you and any reader of this site has the ability to scroll-on-by any message coming from "Raindawg". In fact, I recommend that very thing to anyone who is afraid of ideas that might not conform to their own. Who taught you that ethics aren't important nor worthy of contemplation?

Your so-called "challenge" is absurd. As noted above, nothing is being "imposed" unless you think an expression of a dissenting perspective is unacceptble. By the way, I'm not seeking the respect of the so-called "community" .. but you'll probably get your wish, though, because I've just about had my fill....as have several others who have for the most part abandoned this site. Enjoy the complacency while it's fun! Good luck, "DRep"!

oh fuggoff DON!! when was the last time you climbed at SI? How much did you climb there befor bolts? Any at all?Without input from you on this, you are just pontificating on some stupid ass point...Weyerhouser (who controls that land) has absolutely no beef with the area or sport climbing...it was SPORT CLIMBERS that got the new parking lot built...it was SPORT CLIMBERS who put in the trail and still maintain it...Just shut your fricking piehole already...

its a great recreational area to take families to, to take kids to, to enjoy in the afternoon after work...its not the wilderness...It attracts world class climbers (witness Jonathan Siegrist, etc)...get used to it or move to the Bob Marshall...and please STFU already...douchebag DON...

Edited by RuMR

You all who are slamming on Raindawg simply because he disagrees with you should be ashamed of yourselves. You look like bullying school children. I dont necessarily agree with Raindawg....but I absolutely agree he should be able to say his opinion without personal attacks. After all ....it is a discussion right? Well, Raindawg has his ethics and apparently he will never back down from them. I respect that. I dont agree with his ethics....but I respect him for sticking to his guns.

Moderators, what is the point of having everyone sign they understand the new rules of the site if you are not going to enforce them?

Kevbone, nobody is slamming Raindawg "simply because he disagrees with them." they're slmming him because he's such a huge dick about it. You should be ashamed of yourself for not seeing the difference.

You all who are slamming on Raindawg simply because he disagrees with you should be ashamed of yourselves. You look like bullying school children.

bs. people slam on donald because he's a provocative self-righteous self-important uncompromising blathering hypocritical nincompoop who engages in the very same behaviour that he decries (worse behaviour actually, with his posts of developmentally disabled people).

it's not that his ethics are entirely dated or irrelevant, it's that his delivery makes one wanna go bolt every friggin piece of rock one sees.

You all who are slamming on Raindawg simply because he disagrees with you should be ashamed of yourselves. You look like bullying school children.

bs. people slam on donald because he's a provocative self-righteous self-important uncompromising blathering hypocritical nincompoop who engages in the very same behaviour that he decries (worse behaviour actually, with his posts of developmentally disabled people).

it's not that his ethics are entirely dated or irrelevant, it's that his delivery makes one wanna go bolt every friggin piece of rock one sees.

I disagree. He is much like Joseph Healey, he sticks to his guns no matter what. I very much disagree with there guns, but I respect the fact that they stick to it like glue.

One might think that if you think the other way then you are the self-righteous person too.....it goes both ways.

All I am saying it the name calling is very childish.

Moderators, what is the point of having everyone sign they understand the new rules of the site if you are not going to enforce them?

Why does RuMR still have an account here? He most certainly should have been banned yesterday for his previous post and instead of apologizing he continues with the barag for cursing and personal insults. I thought this kind of thing wasn't going to be tolerated around here? Even in spray.

How do I get on this list of protected CC members? I want to be able to post personal attacks on here too.