50 Classic Climbs Presentation

pranaman

Sunday July 10th, Feathered Friends, Seattle. 6pm. Mark and Janelle Smiley will be presenting a muti-media presentation on their goal of climbing the 50 classic climbs of North America. They have completed 29 thus far and have hopes of attempting 13 more this summer. Come check out this unique project and learn more about the 50 classics.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hummingbird Ridge could be the crux of the whole thing.

Yep, I can see 48 but no 50. The standard Northcutt Carter Route on Hallett Peak is gone daddy gone too.

I believe I've done 29. There are some cool ones!

I think they actually did climb what's left of the NC on Hallet. Seemed like good style to me compared to climbing Culp-Bossier or something else on a totally different section of wall.

They may have to wait quite some time for the weather on Devils Thumb to cooperate. It doesn't see much summit traffic, even in these days of 'smash and grab'.

And as others have mentioned Mount Logan's Hummingbird Ridge will be a real challenge as well.

No question this is a very cool project for a couple to become interested in, Best of luck guys on those routes that remain to be done!

• 3 weeks later...