Super Slab Bolted???

jlag

"it's just a metaphor for people in general I guess."

There's nothing more tiresome and hyperbolic than "bolted routes equate to the fall of western civilization" type comments. But I guess the Disciples Of Dawg need to sound off whenever a Bosch gets turned on.

Who equated the fall of western civilization with bolted routes? Talk about hyperbole...My friend's statement has more to do with character and discretion. But if you don't get it, you don't get it. Moving on.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ummmm. I did check the guidebook, did you? Obviously not as the route is not in there. "

JLag - Are the two of us talking about different routes? Unless I am mistaken that route is in the second Watts guidebook... so your post here confused me. Where did you not find it?

-PT

You are mistaken, this route is not in the book.

I'm not talking about Stroke of Brilliance, which is the upper pitch alternative that leads to the top. This is a newly bolted P.O.S. from the ground, allowing folks to get up there without carrying all that pesky trad gear.

JL

Thanks for all you've done for this thread, much appreciated.

this thread was imbecilic to begin with, jlag, so there isn't much i could have done to retard its development. basically all i've done here is point at the ridiculously misleading title you gave it and laugh. i'm also laughing at you for being in such a snit about there being a sport climb 8-15ft distant from a trad climb at an area famous throughout the solar system for sport climbing. if someone had put up a p.o.s. trad route 8-15ft away would you consider that a "squeeze job" as well?

basically all i've done here is point at the ridiculously misleading title you gave it and laugh.

seriously, can someone please change the title? it will indefinitely mislead all who stumble across it for generations to come. or leave it as an educational tool: an example of yellow journalism at its finest.

Nice topo/pic DonnV, that thing's spot on.

basically all i've done here is point at the ridiculously misleading title you gave it and laugh.

seriously, can someone please change the title? it will indefinitely mislead all who stumble across it for generations to come. or leave it as an educational tool: an example of yellow journalism at its finest.

Nice topo/pic DonnV, that thing's spot on.

Done