Extreme toe pain

I recently tried to break in a new pair of climbing shoes. They caused so much pain in my toes, around the base of the big toe, I had to send them back. Now the knuckles of my big toe and second toe have this burning shooting pain. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this while trying to break in a new pair of shoes. Does this pain eventually go away?

Oh and I also stubbed my toe really bad as well last fall, which I think has made the pain worse.

The photo indicates about where is the pain is.

2011-06-17_20-03-22_80.jpg

Edited by telemarker

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long has the pain been around, and what kinda shoes?

i used to wear my shoes tighter than i do now, and would have pain similar to what you describe. i started wearing bigger sizes, and the pain went away. probably took a month or so? got so bad that walking sucked. wearing loose slip-ons as my walking shoes helped.

i've learned i don't have to size my shoes down so damn much to be able to climb just as well.....

I've only had it for the past couple weeks after trying to break in my new shoes. Yeah, sometimes walking does suck! Thanks for the info. I'm sure the pain will go away as soon as I treat the dogs a little nicer. I'll never try to break in shoes again that are smaller than my street shoe size. God how do people break in shoes one and two sizes smaller than their street shoe size??