Parter Wanted for Liberty Ridge in Early-Mid July

I am flying up to Seattle on July 13/14 and would really like to climb Liberty Ridge. If I find the right partner, I'd even want to loop back around and climb Ptarmigan Ridge.

I have all of the gear needed to do the climb and am even planning on renting a car if needed to get to Rainier from Seattle. All I need is a competent, fit and safe partner to join me for the ridge!

I could potentially fly up a week earlier if necessary, but I'd need to know ASAP.

I'd like to plan to do the climb in 3 days RT, with 2 weather days set aside.

As far as experience, I have climbed (unguided) Rainier via DC, Denali via West Buttress, and many peaks in CA, UT, & CO in all seasons, including leading several mid-5th class ascents with mixed snow last winter in the Sierra Nevada. I lead solid AI2, and have gained over 10,000 ft in a day in the mountains, and I'm no stranger to lugging a 60-70 lb pack at a fast pace up endless soft snow slopes.

If you want to get a better sense of my climbing history beyond what I've summarized, since I don't have anything on Cascade Climbers, you can check out the following links if you want to look more:

MountainProject

SummitPost

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down! I'm living in Federal Way right now(26 miles south of seattle). I've climbed it before but I would love to do it again. It's a great route and since the snow has been plentiful this last season it should be in pretty good condition. I'm a 20 year old all around climber from anchorage, AK. I've been climbing about 3 years. I can be in good enough shape by mid july. Let me know what you think.

p.s.

I'd love to do both(liberty and ptarmigan)

I am also interested in doing liberty ridge/ptarmigan. I also just moved back to WA from Anchorage. I am looking forward to getting on the mountain, and it seems like the conditions might be good in July. Send me a pm or email if you are interested.

ehkrumland@gmail.com

Eric