Greeks Bearing Gifts....

JayB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's below the academic threshold is pretending that us talking about spending cuts all day is going to force politicians to do their job, ...

...as opposed to your incessant spew of verbal diarrhea effecting any change in government.

I do believe that national discourse is affected by social media. You probably do too or you wouldn't be obfuscating incessantly (like you just did) on this board.

What's below the academic threshold is pretending that us talking about spending cuts all day is going to force politicians to do their job, ...

...as opposed to your incessant spew of verbal diarrhea effecting any change in government.

Oh, like your verbal diarrhea effects change.... hypocrisy at its best.

It's helpful to take historical context into consideration with SCOTUS decisions. 1942...hmmmm...that rings a bell....

-The law the guy was breaking didn't have it's genesis in WWII - it was the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1938. The case didn't arise because of WWII any more than Gonzales vs Raich arose because of the Iraq War.

-Even if it had, it's puzzling to see a civil libertarian and legal scholar ignore the question of whether or not the constitution actually grants Federal government has the legal authority to forbid people from growing food on their own property for their own use under any circumstances, let alone either not understanding or appreciating the role of precedent.

As I stated before, Wheat is Murder.

Hint: If you've got enough extra time on your hands to debate the moral/ethical/legal question of growing your own wheat...I'm not really sure I'm your guy. If you're out hypocrisy hunting, there's another poster here you might team up with. He's got an awesome database full of the stuff.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

As I stated before, Wheat is Murder.

Hint: If you've got enough extra time on your hands to debate the moral/ethical/legal question of growing your own wheat...I'm not really sure I'm your guy. If you're out hypocrisy hunting, there's another poster here you might team up with. He's got an awesome database full of the stuff.

Who's my guy if I want to make an exchange with someone takes a rhetorical position that's wildly inconsistent with his oft stated ideological commitments to civil liberties, and has to choose between admitting as much or A) pretending to be unaware how the precedents established concerning the scope of the Commerce Clause have systematically undermined them and/or B)insisting that the SCOTUS actually heard a case and issued a ruling on a narrowly technical matter concerning wheat production that had zero larger significance?*

*Which is why it hasn't been cited in any other SCOTUS decisions that pertain to matters other than wheat cultivation?