TR: Kids first REAL climb at Der Worth

Alex

Thanks to Jens, I now have 2 Petzl full body harnesses, for my 2 year old and 4 year old.

Sat:

Our first car-camping trip of the year we headed to Der Worth. But we only were able to leave the house at 2pm Sat.... oh well. Got to 8 Mile CG and despite the sign saying "Campsites Available" there were none left....except at the group site, where The Mountaineers graciously allowed us to become honorary members for the evening! :) We walked across the street to XY and my kids climbed the low-angled gully to the immediate left of the climbs there, 4th class. The 4 year old did one lap, and the 2-year old did 2 laps, second lap going real well!

Sun:

Woke up and after some breakfast at the Rennaisance Cafe, went on a hike up past Hammerhead Rock. It was nice but the 2-year old gets tired fast hiking uphill so we returned and climbed the obvious route at Hammerhead, for the kids first legit "5.6"-ish ascent! This is a good route for small kids, and we'll return again for this one. Yay team!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic