Question RE: WA July Conditions & Partners

Hey CCers,

Good news! Liberty Ridge is in!

Conditions

I had been planning on climbing Liberty Ridge and some other routes in WA in Mid-July assuming that the late & heavy snow season would make conditions similar to last year. However, LR seems to be in condition a bit earlier. For those with experience with conditions in WA, how would you see the timeline for the following routes being good to climb, but not stupid/dangerous? (at least not more than usual :-) )

Liberty Ridge (Mt Rainier)

Ptarmigan Ridge (maybe)(Mt Rainier)

North Ridge (Mt Baker)

West Ridge (Forbidden Pk)/Torment-Forbidden Traverse

Adams Glacier (Mt Adams)

I was thinking of doing whatever of these climbs I can find partners for between July 14-27. However, if any of these are likely to be in bad shape by then (for THIS year), I'd like to know as I might adjust the ordering or head up earlier to just do a main objective.

Partners

So I'm wary just meeting up with someone for these climbs without a prior climbing history together, but I'll try it out as my prospective partners either cannot come now or cannot commit to any particular part of the trip.

Does anyone have any interest in meeting up to do any of these climbs? If so, e-mail or PM me.

I will be flying in & out of Seattle (from Oakland, CA) and will rent a car for the duration unless someone wants to join me for a longer leg of the trip & carpool (and I'll just rent a car for whenever that isn't convenient). I'm fine leading all pitches on the above climbs, but I'd want my partner to be technically proficient in glacier travel/rescue and physically fit enough for these climbs to not be too much of a stretch.

You can get a sense of my current level of experience from SummitPost & MountainProject.

Ideally, if someone has the time, it looks like LR & Ptarmigan can be linked up nicely with a couple more days total for a trip to Rainier. :rocken:

Also, I would be psyched for the Price Glacier on Mt Shuksan, though for this year I'd conservatively consider myself more of a follower for the crux on that route if you need a good porter/belayer :[]

I plan to come back to WA for some more climbing trips in the next couple of years, so it would be great to make some climbing connections in the area.

Edited by PellucidWombat

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic