gator aid -- mike gauthier for mrnp superintendent

silence

since superintendent dave uberuaga announced he'll be leaving mount rainier np to become superintendent at grand canyon np .. the position is open .. and who better suited for the position than mike gauthier .. who is now assist supt at yosemite .. i think if we want a real people's park we should start a letter writing campaign requesting mike for the job ..

i'm guessing these 2 would be the right people to contact:

Jon Jarvis, Director

National Park Service

1849 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20240

202-208-3818 / Jon_Jarvis@nps.gov

Pacific West Region

Christine Lehnertz, Regional Director

National Park Service

One Jackson Center

1111 Jackson Street, Suite 700

Oakland, CA 94607

510-817-1304 / Chris_Lehnertz@nps.gov

someone asked me what's so special about this guy .. my answer:

he was the head climbing ranger on rainier for many years (though he is still very young relatively speaking) so he knows the mountain and the park more than any incoming supt ever could .. he has recently worked in washington dc boning up on the administrative stuff .. he is now the assist supt at yosemite -- not exactly a cushy position .. he's a really nice guy .. and imo and others .. he will give the park back to the people .. meaning i expect he will streamline the permit system which is ridicuously redundant ..and make it so we, the people, can really enjoy the park to its fullest ... w/o a lot of hassle

imo i think his appointment would be precedent-setting .. and progressive-minded .. we need new ideas and new blood .. and what better place than in the great pnw

Edited by silence

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

some folks have indicated that perhaps this might have an opposite effect in dc .. that public opinion (writing letters of support) might influence the nps management in a negative way .. so while i was prompted to do this by a close friend of mikes .. i think i should contact him directly to get his take on it .. so this is what i'm doing ... plez hold off on writing to these people till i hear back from mike

Edited by silence