[TR] Index - 6/5/2011

keenwesh

Trip: Index -

Date: 6/5/2011

Trip Report:

On saturday my buddy and I hatched a half baked plan to go climbing the next day. he's graduated and I'm a senior who said fuck that to prom, wayy too much money that could be spent on climbing trips, plus you're not even allowed to dance when you get there, bullshit. anyway we didn't get the go ahead to borrow a car until around 6.30 that night (parents are notoriously hard to persuade) so we quickly threw as much of our shit in the car as we could and also picked up another kid whos friends bailed on him for that night. we blasted up to index, arriving around 11. the temps were perfect so we decided to do a quick run up GNS in the dark. it was sweet. night climbing is real nice. we crashed out by the river around 12.30 and woke up way late. in the parking lot we proceeded to look like idiots by my half assed parking job (hey I can't really drive a stick) and since we packed everything up in 15 minutes we had no food, just some PBR. so we were having beers for breakfast. it's just how she goes. we took a quick run up the GM route. I want to go back for the heart of the country. The squeeze was kinda in the shade so I went for that. we rapped off and headed over to a clusterfuck on tarus, eventually I managed to set up a TR on terminal preppie and gave that a (pathetic) go. someone shit on the ledge and my friend stepped in it in his flip flops. so whoever left that there fuck you. seriously man, come on.

Gear Notes:

food would've been nice

Approach Notes:

all of 150 feet

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a senior who said fuck that to prom, wayy too much money that could be spent on climbing/beer, (parents are notoriously hard to persuade) we had no food, just some PBR. so we were having beers for breakfast. it's just how she goes.

Yeah I wouldnt want some 17/18 year olds with that kind of attitude borrowing my car either. You're lucky, if you where my kid and I read this, you'd get an ass whoopin!

Ahh, the slightly early departure from farmwork in Tenino for you and E makes sense now, and you could have had food since you cashed that check straight away. :hcluv:

Flip flop poo is pretty unpleasant, but at least it avoids that squishing up through your toes feeling.

hey, we're 18 and 19, old enough to drink in the vast majority of countries. A single beer in the morning is no doubt wildly irresponsible for us, excuse me, I'm sure none of you would have considered such a travesty at our age.

And Off, we left early to go shovel rabbit shit for E's mom, almost as good as underage drinking!

Edited by keenwesh

....wayy too much money that could be spent on climbing/beer, (parents are notoriously hard to persuade) we had no food, just some PBR. so we were having beers for breakfast. it's just how she goes.

1215452018255_display.jpg

The way these two relate to each other is amazing, I wonder if our young hero will pursue graverobbing as a career!

Sol, did I talk to you for a bit last summer over at the country? I knew at least one of you leavenworth hardmen were there... Hope you had a good time out Sunday. Your adventure on BCW sounded wild too btw!

Yeah, we met at the country last year. You must've mistaked us for hardmen this past weekend cuz we where getting worked!

What a TR, I can almost smell the poop! Way to go after it guys(the climb, not the crap.)

Shit happens. Also, I should mention that in my experience beer for breakfast is akin to climbing in tennis shoes. Direct correlation between piss poor performance and piss poor breakfast, plus you get sleepy at the belays. And all those yuppies on Godzilla get pissed when yo bounce the cans off their heads I know from my experiences in my youth. We had as role models at Index back then Jim Nelson and company, and they would never allow anything like that to happen at Index. Keep charging it, but maybe switch to Odouls for early late morning sessions!

I can't believe this is actually at TR. Put it in Spray please.

Hey, not only is it a TR, its in the running for the June prize. Hmm, though come to think of it, that makes me guilty of the cardinal sin of spraying in a TR...

Wasn't there something about needing a picture to qualify?

Thank god we have such fine young men as yourselves representing the climbing community. And I thought my group was obnoxious with my buddy who wouldn't stop smoking weed and spraying about his 'sick 5.9' exploits...

Just kidding, way to get after it. And I double stevetimetravlr's advice, beer for breakfast equals not getting the send.

I can't believe this is actually at TR. Put it in Spray please.

Hey, not only is it a TR, its in the running for the June prize. Hmm, though come to think of it, that makes me guilty of the cardinal sin of spraying in a TR...

Wasn't there something about needing a picture to qualify?

You are SO right, it does need at least one trip report picture hosted on cc.com to qualify. Contest qualification fail then.

rats! gotta go climb something else to try and win that prize. Hosted on cc? all my other trs with pictures have been linked from facebook. Do those not count? I've never bothered with the CC photo uploader, do I have to in order to score my name in the hat for the june prize?

rats! gotta go climb something else to try and win that prize. Hosted on cc? all my other trs with pictures have been linked from facebook. Do those not count? I've never bothered with the CC photo uploader, do I have to in order to score my name in the hat for the june prize?

Yep.

I think the reason is that when people post pictures from elsewhere to their TR's, over time the TR remains but the other source of the photos doesn't, so the photos disappear. CC.com has unlimited photo storage for you images too. Same thing happens is if all you do is post a link to your blog: when you get bored and forget about your blog until it disappears, the info disappears too.

• 1 month later...