Index Trailhead Thefts

Buckaroo

Heads up.

The meth heads are hitting the cars at the Index lower wall parking lot. Plenty of glass on the ground and while I was there these two shifty grungy looking guys were obviously casing the cars in broad daylight.

So as soon as they left a local climber comes over and says look out, those are local meth heads.

bummer, Index didn't used to be this way.

Oh and a side note, finally climbed up to the ledge at the top of Godzilla, first time since the big block came down.

After looking at the ledge I really don't think that block came down by itself. I think it was jacked, probably by climbers, probably by climbers jacked up on meth.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Empty unlocked car = no broken glass...someone I know was one of the folks who were hit this past Memorial Day weekend. I remember this being an issue a few years back, and eventually for a short stretch the fuzz started to make routine drop ins to the parking lot.

bummer, Index didn't used to be this way.

not true past the early 80's. Our truck got broken into in the mid 90's by douches on whatever the drug of choice was back then. Broken glass in the parking lot has been a common sight for a while. The parking lot ground is made of more glass than dirt if you dig down.

A friend owns property out that way. Back a couple years ago we all walked over to an old house/cabin near his place. The cabin was falling apart. Inside the place there was stuff indicating the primary use of the cabin in modern times was crack cooking.

My friend has a motion detector camera mounted on his property and a fairly secure looking shed.

When I left LTW on Saturday there was a white car with the windows down and the passenger door open, but nobody was around. I can understand the windows down, but the door wide open is a new level.

the door was open after the meth heads searched the vehicle probably.

When I left LTW on Saturday there was a white car with the windows down and the passenger door open, but nobody was around. I can understand the windows down, but the door wide open is a new level.

I was excited to climb. I forgot to close it. We looked back as we walked into the parking lot and decided it was too funny to go back and close. The radio had already been stolen anyways.

What's the camera for? So you have a video of your car getting popped to watch again and again? I guarantee you give the evidence to the fuzz and they're going to shove it away on some shelf, as it is not a priority.

You really need to boobytrap your car!

Shocking!

A security guard at the Kensington Hilton in London received an 8,500-volt shock when he examined the white Ford Sierra Cosworth, suspecting it contained a bomb. Roderic Minshull, 48, was staying at the hotel but had not told staff the pounds 17,000 car was his.

"He told police he had wired it up after three attempts had been made to steal it from his home in the Cambridgeshire village of Conington. The intention was that anyone who tried to steal the car and touched exposed metal parts of it would receive 'a little jump, and if they kept on touching the car it would cause considerable pain', Mr Minshull told police."

Yup! Just ordered mine, watch out!

Nice. Which one did you get? I think that the night photos (infared) looks sucky and would want something clearer when the lights are off.

http://www.amazon.com/8MP-Trophy-Brown-Night-Vision/dp/B0039UW6KU

I got that one, I've seen some of the night photos from this model and they don't look too bad. I'm sure you could alot more for some higher quailty, but for $150, I'll take it!

Here's an idea -

In dealing with suspected thieves loitering on the property, I think it's ok to engage them in friendly conversation to acknowledge you see them standing out.

You guys climbing today? Hiking? Is that your car? My buddy had one of those. Well did you walk here? It seems kind of far from town, what is it a couple of miles? Don't I recognize you from somewhere? You look familiar, did you grow up around here? What kind of dog is that? Live around here? Have you heard about all the vehicle breakins at this trailhead? Yep, kinda sucks. Have a good day, maybe I'll see you on the trail.

Here's an idea -

In dealing with suspected thieves loitering on the property, I think it's ok to engage them in friendly conversation to acknowledge you see them standing out.

You guys climbing today? Hiking? Is that your car? My buddy had one of those. Well did you walk here? It seems kind of far from town, what is it a couple of miles? Don't I recognize you from somewhere? You look familiar, did you grow up around here? What kind of dog is that? Live around here? Have you heard about all the vehicle breakins at this trailhead? Yep, kinda sucks. Have a good day, maybe I'll see you on the trail.

That's a great idea.