Don't poop on climbs

I was at Index today, making the traverse from the bottom of Roger's Corner to the GNS area, and I smelled some definite funk. I was horrified to find my shoe coated in slimy brown diarrhea. This is an absolutely disgusting and selfish in an area with such high climber traffic. Go in the bathroom before you come or at least have the decency to go in the woods, a couple hundred feet away from any climbs. It's not that hard.

-Mark

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

dude!! Thats gnarly!

Well, if it was solid chunks, then the person probably should have been able to control it. Seeing as it was more on the juicy side it could have been unexpected for the person. I'd bet they took a shit before roping up too... Sounds like they were having a bad day too. Anyhow, that's how shit goes sometimes eh? Would of been cool if they fixed the rope, and returned with multiple gallons of water do dilute it. I dont blame em for having to squirt there, but at least make an effort to clean it up!

True story (so I'm told):

Friend of a friend was on some el cap route and team above was dropping stuff on them at random. Biner. Nut. Etc etc. Annoying but nothing major.

A day from the top dude is belaying and out of the blue LOUD noise and he's sprayed by something.

It turns out team above him dropped their gallon zip lock bag FULL OF SHIT and it landed on the ledge next to him and exploded covering him and the haul bag.

As they were near the top they were low on water and he couldnt get much to clean up and had to finish the climb covered in shit.

:laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :mistat:

typically, when struck w/ the big-D, its damn near impossible to control (or even really give a damn about) the location :noway:

not covering it is lame though.

horrid story john - woulda taken hero-courage at that moment not to just throw yerself off the wall to End the Pain :grin: