Climb Mt. Hood June 2nd through June 13th

MTB

Hi, I am looking for someone to climb Hood with sometime June 2nd through June 13th. I have had a few people flake out on me and its quite irritating. I am a 27 year male in very good shape. I run triathlons, and endurance-wise will have no trouble making up the mountain. I have climbed Adams, but lack any technical climbing skills.

I have had NO LUCK whatsoever trying to talk previous climbers into heading up the mountain. They talk it up and are down, then simply back out like its no big deal... I am about to go it alone and see if I can simply follow some people up. At this point I dont know what else to do. I'm a student and dont have the funds to pay a guide service.

All I know is that I have wanted to do this since last summer, people keep flaking on me, and the only way I think its going to happen is to forge it alone.

Any advice would be recommended. I'm not stupid, I'm not going to get myself in over my head, so please don't try to discourage my ambitions. But I'm beginning to think I'll have to figure this one out on my own. Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it. Please let me know what you think!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Im in for the future, Finals week is the 6th and I start my new job on the 13th so that my be a bit of a squeeze. Im always down to climb and Im solid on plans, no exception. I hate flakes. send me a PM if interested

Please let me know what you think!

I think you should post this in the partners forum for starters. Perhaps then watch the partners forum and contact one of the dozens of other people that share your exact same dilemma?

Yo man, tried to email you, didnt work tho. I have finals too next week but we're gonna climb on Saturday. Its suppose to be perfect, gimme a call if you wanna discuss details.

Marshall

(503) 867 7139

I was thinking of going up monday night.

I'm 35 and in good shape but I'm not the fastest

I have gone up in the last two weeks but weather turned me around (well the first time this year I just crapped out as I got too exited and forgot to rest step)