Climbing partners for Rainier June 28-30

We are a party of 3 looking for a couple climbing partners for Rainier on June 28-30. I have reservations for the Kautz alpine zone for those days. We’re in Seattle for a conference the preceding week. So far one of us (my wife) has only committed to climbing up to the high camp, wasn't planning on a summit attempt. So that makes 2 of us who are looking to summit via the Kautz glacier.

I have a fair amount of experience at 4000m altitude. I have climbed 54 of the Colorado 14ers, more than half of them in spring snow conditions. Love them couloirs. I've also done some multipitch trad (both as lead and second) and solo roped climbing so am familiar with basic mountaineering, knots, safety, etc. My friend and I are 37 and 41, very good shape. We have both climbed Rainier before and have some experience with glacier travel and crevasse rescue.

We are looking to increase the team size for safety. Obviously being from NM it would be nice for us to find someone more familiar than we are with the local weather and snow conditions this time of year. But the main thing is for us to find a good solid rope partner or two who want to have a good time on the mountain. If you think you'd be interested, drop me a line:

Fred Newman

fancy_melonballer at hotmail.com

505 450 4447

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic