Two climbing fatalities in AK

max

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The names of the most recent deaths were just released... one was Suzanne Allen from Seattle. We hung out with Suzanne on Aconcagua in 2010 and just spent 9 days camping next to her on Denali. A wonderful woman who was at home in the mountains. Rest in Peace Suzanne.

Suzanne and I began guiding for Alpine Ascents the same year, working a lot together in the years following. I considered her not just a colleague but a friend. She was dedicated and passionate about guiding and very outgoing, sharing her love of outdoor adventure with everyone she met. I'll miss her as a rope mate and compadre. Blessings to you on your next grand adventure Suzanne!

ME, SUZANNE AND DAVE ON THE SUMMIT OF MT. RAINIER - AUG 1, 2010

DevoSuzanneDaveSummit.jpg

Links:

King 5 article

Anchorage Daily News

Edited by denalidevo

Dave and Suzanne

I only had the chance to climb with Suzanne once, but it was on that trip that I clearly saw how awesome she was! Her and Dave were quite the pair! Dave is a friend of mine, and I can't begin to imagine his pain. My heart and prays go out to him and the rest of her family. What little time I spent with her while climbing a local mountain, was truly an honor. Rest in peace Suzanne.