[TR] Fee Demo wall - million dollar foot bridge 5/20/2011

Frankazoid

Trip: Fee Demo wall - million dollar foot bridge

Date: 5/20/2011

Trip Report:

5-20-11

After 3 days of nice weather in the MF a friend and I decided to stroll up to fee demo to check if it was dry. It was. We climbed MDFB 5.9 and it was good. Exciting climbing made even more exciting if you dont bring a couple TCU's (which I didn't). Thats some fine fine granite. So umm.... ya basicly fee demo is quality slab climbing and you should get some too :)

Hell of a TR eh?

Gear Notes:

2 60m ropes for raps, 14 draws for MDFB 5.9 (maybe more for other routes?), small gear including #1 & 2 tcu, helmet might not be a bad idea... And skateboard knee pads to slide on when you slip? just an idea.

Approach Notes:

MF trailhead, walk 3/4 mile, kabamm!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work. Great route, particularly on the upper arete. You didn't whip, and the bolt placement is quite reasonable, so I'm not sure the dire warnings are needed - IF you take the TCU. A good route to climb if you're nursing a pulley tear...

Awesome place. It's so close to town that I'm always surprised it doesn't see more traffic. I think a bit more weed and plant cleanup at the bottom would help make it more attractive. I too did NOT have a small TCU on Sub-Aqueous Tractor Retrieval and wished I did. Made it "sporting" for sure.

A great place to get a weekday slab run in before Darrington or Squamish.

• 1 year later...

I was up there yesterday (7/25) with Chirp. There was already a party on MDFB so we jumped on SATR which was a bit dirty but definitely fun.

I felt like I was getting eaten alive by biting flies while I was belaying which made it hard to concentrate. I recommend insect repellent and/or long pants depending on how hot it is.

Here are a couple of my quick pics from the day. A little clearing at the base would be helpful for sure.

P1000733

P1000734

P1000736