12 WAC Members and Fixed Ropes on The Tooth

Layback

Awesome to read: "Recent slides off of Chair" and then see the avi shovel held on the *outside* of the pack with a tiny ghetto strap.... yup, that'll work!

Doesn't matter much whether or not your shovel stays on if you're the one getting hammered.

It's cool though. Your buddy won't mind holding his breath for a little longer while you dig out your well packed shovel.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, it's not. but are they pulling the same shenanigans on Ingalls Peak or the Easton Glacier on Baker?

On a glacier it's often easy to go around large, slow parties.

Especially when your cruising the Easton on your snowmachine because it's not in any wilderness area.

agreed, it's not. but are they pulling the same shenanigans on Ingalls Peak or the Easton Glacier on Baker?

On a glacier it's often easy to go around large, slow parties.

Especially when your cruising the Easton on your snowmachine because it's not in any wilderness area.

Snowmobilers are only allowed there through May, aren't they? something about the amount of snow at the TH (2 feet?)

I reached out to the WAC via email to basically ask "what gives?" and had a nice email exchange with one of their members who is going to call me this week. Maybe some good can come out of this and we can see an adjustment to the group size in the future. Surely they don't all have the same "we don't give a damn" attitude that Ira seems to have?

So far I've learned that:

You may not be alone when climbing the Tooth on a weekend.

You should pack your shovel away in such a manner that it cannot be torn off in an avalanche in case you need to dig yourself out.

Some chick named Anita is, in fact, pretty cute.

Private, one on one communication is usually the most effective way to resolve an issue.

I reached out to the WAC via email to basically ask "what gives?" and had a nice email exchange with one of their members who is going to call me this week. Maybe some good can come out of this and we can see an adjustment to the group size in the future. Surely they don't all have the same "we don't give a damn" attitude that Ira seems to have?

Good work Layback. I was worried that I might someday be confronted by the backsides of a dozen lovelies ahead of me on The Tooth.