12 WAC Members and Fixed Ropes on The Tooth

Layback

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems a group of 6 would be a bit more respectable, eh? 4 students and 2 instructors. that party had 12, and the next person mentioned that there was also a party of 15!!! that is batshit crazy dude. how could that be enjoyable anyway for the students? people are f'n nuts man.

it is the tooth so why get all bent out of shape? I say, let the clubs have their place to take the masses. They clog up the route a fixed number of days so if you really wan to climb the tooth, work around those days or before they show up.

the other option of making them split up into smaller groups (1) and more locations (2) will

(1)- make it so there are more days with slow groups on the tooth. What is the difference between a group of 6 or 12? not much as either way you are stuck at the bottom.

(2)- makes every other climb crowded

Large climbing clubs are a established entity. complaining about it or work around it. I like the don't worry be happy approach. At least the clubs are predictable.

I agree with genepires, agree more with DPS. Girls are fun. It looks to me like the whole group was having fun. I've not climbed in the Snoq. pass area, from the freeway it looks as though there must be other objectives in the neighorhood. If you have your heart set on climbing the Tooth (or Ingalls or any other popular beginners climb) maybe you could check their websites to see if they will be there that day. I spend a lot of time up the Icicle. If there are a lot of cars below an area I either move on or go ahead and walk up so I can talk to the pretty girls.

If the group is larger than 12 they should get popped by the USFS for violating the Wilderness Act.

The Tooth is not in any wilderness area.

When the south face is gummed up with big parties (which is quite frequent IME), drop around the corner and do the SW Face. Fun climbing that's no harder than 5.5, with lots of room for variations. The N ridge is also a consolation if you aren't into the adventure of the SW or W face routes.

If the group is larger than 12 they should get popped by the USFS for violating the Wilderness Act.

The Tooth is not in any wilderness area.

When the south face is gummed up with big parties (which is quite frequent IME), drop around the corner and do the SW Face. Fun climbing that's no harder than 5.5, with lots of room for variations. The N ridge is also a consolation if you aren't into the adventure of the SW or W face routes.

Im surprised that didn't get mentioned earlier... people always assume the tooth is in wilderness.