[TR] 3 1/2 Utah Towers - A.Art, Jah Man, W.Woman,

Trip: 3 1/2 Utah Towers - A.Art, Jah Man, W.Woman, Titan

Date: 5/12/2011

Trip Report:

After last years jaunt through Utah and my friends recent trip, I was pretty excited to get back. It is an amazing and challenging place to climb. The nose, eyes, lungs, and ears get clogged with sand. The wind drives it everywhere. It is either hot or cold, and inhospitable most of the time. Sounds bad, but at times it is pure bliss as well.

The trip was thrown together last minute with the sudden recruitment of a new partner I found from Vancouver, B.C. by the name of Jesse (jmace). A strong climber raised on granite, he was in for culture shock in his new martian environment.

We first went to the City of Rocks, but found it under a foot of snow. Castle Rocks though was in prime shape. We did the High Road (5.11, 3p) first then did some great climbs called Patina Atoll (10d), and the sweet route called Twinkie (10c). The next day we finished the drive and did Ancient Art via the Stolen Chimney in the Fisher Towers. So fun-

Next Day it was the incredible Jah Man

Then Washerwoman, where we met up with cc legend Layton and his new wife!

And finally off to the TItan, getting half way up before the rain hit, More on the old blog. P1060370.JPGP1060424.jpgP1060588.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic