Boot laces

twitchy

I'd like to replace the laces of my Scarpa Invernos this year and I think I broke my google as I just can't seem to find any overpriced, over-engineered, titanium fiber woven laces that double as a bivy sack/mp3 player. wtf?

Any suggestions? I figure I could probably just get away with para cord or something but surely some company out there makes something that's guaranteed to improve my foot-boot synergy by 10 pedadynes. No?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, though, surely there's someone here who's had to replace their boot laces. Did you just pick something up at a sporting goods store? My REI doesn't stock much cold weather gear outside of ski season, so I'm hesitant to buy some generic 'hiking' laces from there. The original Scarpa laces seem kinda beefy, though admittedly not crampon-proof.

I posted this here as it seems like a noob question. Perhaps I should have used the gear subforum instead?

This will sound weird, but it totally works. Buy 6 mm cord in your choice of colors. Cut two laces to length. Pull out the core. Fuse sheath ends with a lighter, and use the now flat sheath for the laces.