McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

quit the strawman crap.

if you were a magic 8-ball, this definitely would one of your more constant readings :)

come on, you claimed that organic latte or whatever silly stuff was what I wanted for the poor

maybe its your own reading skills in question? said item is a silly stand-in for good, high-quality food, exactly what you want, and in the case of latte, particularly prized by folks who fancy they've figured the whole fucking world out :)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on, you claimed that organic latte or whatever silly stuff was what I wanted for the poor

maybe its your own reading skills in question? said item is a silly stand-in for good, high-quality food, exactly what you want, and in the case of latte, particularly prized by folks who fancy they've figured the whole fucking world out :)

so you claimed that my solution was advocating the poor buy overpriced unnecessary items favored by yuppies, in other words my reading skills aren't in doubt. As it turns out, I don't drink lattes and I obviously wouldn't spend that much money on coffee, organic or not. I brew my own, thank you.

The ability of people to feed themselves properly is a priority issue, not only in term of having enough to eat but that it is also safe and doesn't cause them to die in short order (like any steady diet of junkfood is sure to do)

You're so full of shit. "Die in short order"? Yeah, they are dropping like flies. One bite of a dorito, and boom, they collapse in a pulsating mass of junk-food-toxin-induced spasms. :grlaf:

one bite of a dorito is "a steady diet of junkfood"? Back to reading school for you. Naw, you are hopeless ..

"die in short order"... "steady" - yeah, you've got skillz in your prose - in a mind-addled babbling lunatic kind of way

I don't think you are heartless, I think you are wrong to claim the poor have a choice to avoid junkfood.

from the wayback machine on page 2 - 68$/week for a family of 12 - you think none of these items or the american equivalent are beyond being obtained by the vast majority of americans, poor or not? :)

food_families_07.jpg

I don't think you are heartless, I think you are wrong to claim the poor have a choice to avoid junkfood.

from the wayback machine on page 2 - 68$/week for a family of 12 - you think none of these items or the american equivalent are beyond being obtained by the vast majority of americans, poor or not? :)

food_families_07.jpg

If you pulled your head out of your ass and actually read any of the literature around food security in American urban and rurban areas, you'd know that fresh, healthy alternatives to shit fast food and convenience store foods are not easily obtainable in communities that are suffering disproportionately from obesity and other diet related illnesses.

the fact of the matter is these people in the picture aren't American, and if they were they wouldn't be representative of the population we are talking about.

food_families_07.jpg

If you pulled your head out of your ass and actually read any of the literature around food security in American urban and rurban areas, you'd know that fresh, healthy alternatives to shit fast food and convenience store foods are not easily obtainable in communities that are suffering disproportionately from obesity and other diet related illnesses.

Rural areas, no. Always been that way. Grow your own like yo pappy did, fuckerz!

The Rich have the same problem in rural areas, BTW...unless they can afford to take the chopper to the Big City Whole Foods...

In the city, tho? Bullshit. Good, whole foods available cheap and close by in ANY urban neighborhood in the US.

In the city, tho? Bullshit. Good, whole foods available cheap and close by in ANY urban neighborhood in the US.

What a fucking crock. Try playing "Find the Organic Produce Stand Using Mass Transit When You Live in Inglewood" on GoogleMaps. It's awesome.

That is clearly false. Also note that having to travel to buy food demands adequate transportation and time.