McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

"JayB's a civil liberties advocate?LOL"

Regressiveneocongooncorprateadhominoshillothugocratockochostoogehatemonger, thank you very much.

No, I said "PRETEND civil liberty advocate". Libertarian regressives love to gargle about liberty while they stamp on the neck of the destitute.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"JayB's a civil liberties advocate?LOL"

Regressiveneocongooncorprateadhominoshillothugocratockochostoogehatemonger, thank you very much.

No, I said "PRETEND civil liberty advocate". Libertarian regressives love to gargle about liberty while they stamp on the neck of the destitute.

How's JayB gonna balance on the neck of the destitute when those fuckers are so damn fat? He must do a lot of slacklining....

BTW, there's an OK (not great) article on Pepsico's new health kick in the NYorker a couple issues back...

article that leaves no doubt that something HAS to be done, even pepsi co knows it, but Tvash apparently read it sideways and came up with the opposite conclusion.

Edited by j_b

historically, to be happy was to be fat. when the fuck ever were poor people fat? it's always been shit to be poor, today or 10,000 years ago. the inner-city untermensh of today has plenty of bigger worries beyond the inability to readily obtain an organic latte of shade-grown coffee

as w/ other parts of the healthcare debate, especially when comparing the differences between countries and classes, the bottom line is: how happy are you? THAT is the meaning of life, afterall, and pretty much the only damn reason to stick around. i never saw anybody cry over a pbr or a pork-chop.

historically, to be happy was to be fat. when the fuck ever were poor people fat? it's always been shit to be poor, today or 10,000 years ago. the inner-city untermensh of today has plenty of bigger worries beyond the inability to readily obtain an organic latte of shade-grown coffee

as w/ other parts of the healthcare debate, especially when comparing the differences between countries and classes, the bottom line is: how happy are you? THAT is the meaning of life, afterall, and pretty much the only damn reason to stick around. i never saw anybody cry over a pbr or a pork-chop.

Good point.

Evidently j_bot's ultimate goal is to make everyone as miserable as he is.

quit the strawman crap. The ability of people to feed themselves properly is a priority issue, not only in term of having enough to eat but that it is also safe and doesn't cause them to die in short order (like any steady diet of junkfood is sure to do)

you think the obese are happy (or happier than if they weren't obese)? dude, you ought to spend time in an obese body because you are being delusional.

We're freer to be fatter and dumber than we've ever been in human history!! The opposite is getting more expensive by the day. Great country we got here.

Yes, we do have a great country.

Do us all a favor and get the fuck out. :wave:

Oh wait, you just love to whine incessantly. Whatever floats your boat, douche-boy.

article that leaves no doubt that something HAS to be done, even pepsi co knows it, but Tvash apparently read it sideways and came with the opposite conclusion that most everybody beleives.

I came out of it wanting a Cherry Pepsi...

you need someting tasty to wash down those bugles

Only with Bugles Regular. I'd go with a Vitamin Water for Bugles Caramel.

The ability of people to feed themselves properly is a priority issue, not only in term of having enough to eat but that it is also safe and doesn't cause them to die in short order (like any steady diet of junkfood is sure to do)

You're so full of shit. "Die in short order"? Yeah, they are dropping like flies. One bite of a dorito, and boom, they collapse in a pulsating mass of junk-food-toxin-induced spasms. :grlaf:

quit the strawman crap. The ability of people to feed themselves properly is a priority issue, not only in term of having enough to eat but that it is also safe and doesn't cause them to die in short order (like any steady diet of junkfood is sure to do)

you think the obese are happy (or happier than if they weren't obese)? dude, you ought to spend time in an obese body because you are being delusional.

The real suffering happens on the other end of the rope when that obese body takes a whipper....

We're freer to be fatter and dumber than we've ever been in human history!! The opposite is getting more expensive by the day. Great country we got here.

Yes, we do have a great country.

I could tell that because there are so many fat people?

quit the strawman crap.

if you were a magic 8-ball, this definitely would one of your more constant readings :)

happiness is a dog that chases its own tail - many fat folks would be happy to be thin for sure, but then exercise makes them sad, as does tofu, no beer, no ice-cream, walking more than 50 feet, yadda, yadda, yadda

speaking of strawmen - you seem to think i'm a heartless bastard for the poor'boys? i worked near a decade back east in inner-city schools, and i didn't do it for fucking chuckles. no shit, places like that need a lot of help, but it's not like the nation hasn't been putting its shoulder into that effort, w/ strikes n' gutterballs along the way i'll warrant, for half a century? the problems of such places are like a big old ball of tangled string, and to be sure the best solution for the gordian knot is to chop it in half - generally speaking, bring employment, assets and wealth and most of the problems (hard core drug addiction, hopelessness, fatitude, violent crime, early death, etc.) will diminish. requiring more intense food regulation or labeling, jacking up the price of junkfood, publicly chopping off ronald mcdonald's nuts, etc is little different than re-arranging deckchairs on the proverbial titanic :)

ok, so i'm sure you've been strawmaned again - sorry!

The ability of people to feed themselves properly is a priority issue, not only in term of having enough to eat but that it is also safe and doesn't cause them to die in short order (like any steady diet of junkfood is sure to do)

You're so full of shit. "Die in short order"? Yeah, they are dropping like flies. One bite of a dorito, and boom, they collapse in a pulsating mass of junk-food-toxin-induced spasms. :grlaf:

one bite of a dorito is "a steady diet of junkfood"? Back to reading school for you. Naw, you are hopeless ..

quit the strawman crap.

if you were a magic 8-ball, this definitely would one of your more constant readings :)

come on, you claimed that organic latte or whatever silly stuff was what I wanted for the poor

happiness is a dog that chases its own tail - many fat folks would be happy to be thin for sure, but then exercise makes them sad, as does tofu, no beer, no ice-cream, walking more than 50 feet, yadda, yadda, yadda

my guess is the obese suffer tremendously from being large.

speaking of strawmen - you seem to think i'm a heartless bastard for the poor'boys? i worked near a decade back east in inner-city schools, and i didn't do it for fucking chuckles. no shit, places like that need a lot of help, but it's not like the nation hasn't been putting its shoulder into that effort, w/ strikes n' gutterballs along the way i'll warrant, for half a century? the problems of such places are like a big old ball of tangled string, and to be sure the best solution for the gordian knot is to chop it in half - generally speaking, bring employment, assets and wealth and most of the problems (hard core drug addiction, hopelessness, fatitude, violent crime, early death, etc.) will diminish. requiring more intense food regulation or labeling, jacking up the price of junkfood, publicly chopping off ronald mcdonald's nuts, etc is little different than re-arranging deckchairs on the proverbial titanic :)

ok, so i'm sure you've been strawmaned again - sorry!

I don't think you are heartless, I think you are wrong to claim the poor have a choice to avoid junkfood.