McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the real problem lies in only half of the fat people. Nobody cares about fat dudes. but nearly every man hates to see fat chicks. fat chicks reduce the population of things we care about, hot chicks.

Actually, more fat dudes means more hot chicks for fit dudes. More fat men and less fat women would be my platform for health reform.

In a society where health insurance companies could charge the obese higher premiums, there'd be absolutely nothing preventing people who found that unfair from donating their own money to the obese to help offset those costs.

They could band together and form charities, hold fundraisers, etc and even form their own insurance companies that didn't factor weight into premium calculations if they wished.

Just imagine the list of artists that might coalesce around the cause and hold benefit concerts a la Farm Aid, launch special clothing lines, food lines, sell theme-bracelets, etc to promote the cause...

Take heed, j_b. THIS is a concrete (OK, more gelatinous) policy proposal...

dude, do you really want me to issue a full report with my policy proposals or will general remarks about common sense measures already in wide application for other products suffice? hmmm...

Wow. I just argued for the opposite.

You're actually kind of illiterate.

actually i was answering JayB but this new version of software doesn't show it and you posted before I did. Paranoid much?

anyone care to explain how my "acculturation" explains this typical day and where it belongs In the Grand Scheme of Things?

The issue is not really your degree of acculturation but your failure to acknowledge that people's ability to feed themselves properly depends on many factors out of their control, which includes their being aware that it is possible and desirable.

pray tell how you comprehend the mind of the fat man better than me, who ain't that far from the honorific anyhow? :P

tvash is right, what the hell are you really proposing that is gong to sweep the scourge of fatties from the landscape?

for 99% of human history, humans were dying far earlier than the fatties of today, who in addition to sucking down quarter-pounders their whole life are getting the joy of 3 billion tv channels at their fingertips and a fucking chia-pet to suck them off between repeats of hee-haw? seems like we're in the land of milk n' honey here, but you're saying maybe honey's horseshit? :crazy:

anyone care to explain how my "acculturation" explains this typical day and where it belongs In the Grand Scheme of Things?

The issue is not really your degree of acculturation but your failure to acknowledge that people's ability to feed themselves properly depends on many factors out of their control, which includes their being aware that it is possible and desirable.

pray tell how you comprehend the mind of the fat man better than me, who ain't that far from the honorific anyhow? :P

tvash is right, what the hell are you really proposing that is gong to sweep the scourge of fatties from the landscape?

for 99% of human history, humans were dying far earlier than the fatties of today, who in addition to sucking down quarter-pounders their whole life are getting the joy of 3 billion tv channels at their fingertips and a fucking chia-pet to suck them off between repeats of hee-haw? seems like we're in the land of milk n' honey here, but you're saying maybe honey's horseshit? :crazy:

pass me some doritos, Ivan

i like to think of my belly as like "mr fusion" from back to the future - throw a bunch of bullshit in there - stale beer, rusty cans, anyold damn thing - fuckit, that and a head-full of crazy makes you fly!

wonder what pirates made of their cuisine?

:lmao:

If they're not performing calesthenics in unison with matching jumpsuits prior to starting the day's compulsory regimen of revolutionary seminar attendance, then clearly something is terribly amiss...

[video:youtube]

I fail to see how i need to comprehend the mind of the fat man to know that my ability to feed myself properly would be seriously put in question if I came from say an exploded family in the poor inner-city environment.

i have suggested several solutions. I am not 100% sure they are entirely good ones but they suggest an approach that is showing success in other domains like tobacco (although I do agree with you that some rules appear too intrusive, smokers should be able to smoke at the beach if they want to)

I have a hard time believing you are being serious.