McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

I dunno, I think an insurance premium on obese people is not a bad idea. They charge one for smokers. But that's up to the insurance companies, obviously.

Bill, it's because I DO think something must be done. It's out of control. I don't know what to do; I'm not an expert. I'm just discussing it, for fun.

But I'm pretty sure I haven't suggested anything really that oppressive. I mean, if you disagree, fine, but I'm pretty sure that my brain-stormed idea of letter grades on the nutritional info doesn't qualify me as on oppressor or whatever.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, don't all obese people have SOME kind of food abuse issue? Excepting obesity caused by disease, of course -- which I imagine is the minority.

Is it possible to be obese but not have problems with food?

I guess maybe you mean people that just don't know better?

it's an indication of their reliability.

Is this your excuse?

FAIL

I don't need any excuses to point out that the same Bush voters who cheered the worst of his policies now claim to be against what they cheered at the time.

Hmm, don't all obese people have SOME kind of food abuse issue? Excepting obesity caused by disease, of course -- which I imagine is the minority.

that is a significant minority. I was talking to a nurse today who said a study suggested ~25% of obese had no food abuse problem.

that is a significant minority. I was talking to a nurse today who said a study suggested ~25% of obese had no food abuse problem.

Gotta love the diagram at my gym right by the ellipticals:

It explains weight loss in pictures concluding "if calories burned exceed those consumed in a day, you lose weight". Wow, rocket science.

Lots of things are simple. Don't want to be homeless? Get a job! Don't want cancer? Don't smoke! Don't want to be fat? Stop eating so much!

The solutions are so simple, and yet we still have the homeless, and we still have a growing obesity problem.

I've read that cigarette smoking is declining. Perhaps we just need more education, and more cultural stigma on junk food & over-eating, via commercials and media. Maybe we need non-profits to start pushing anti-fat campaigns. It's easier to solve obesity if you don't get fat to begin with?

Doing nothing isn't working, though, that's for sure.

And, back on topic, McDonald's is basically the same as the big tobacco companies, in my opinion. They're selling a product that is only bad in excess, and they see people doing it in excess, and they don't seem to care. Why? $$$$$$$$$$

And, back on topic, McDonald's is basically the same as the big tobacco companies, in my opinion. They're selling a product that is only bad in excess, and they see people doing it in excess, and they don't seem to care. Why? $$$$$$$$$$

Again, back to McD's. What about Taco Bell, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Denny's, Red Robin, Shari's, Old Country Buffet, Carl's Jr., Round Table, Dominos, Papa Murphy's...

Fuck, do the math - all those franchises with all those restaurants. Americans love fast food, and they want it to be omni-present, 24/7, at convenience. We have made a choice, and it has nothing to do with greed, $$, or big-government neglect.

Again, back to McD's. What about Taco Bell, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Denny's, Red Robin, Shari's, Old Country Buffet, Carl's Jr., Round Table, Dominos, Papa Murphy's...

Smells like Freedom to me too, broseph. I do not want any Marxists getting their grubby hands on those beacons of American liberty. Today, the sodium content in Blooming Onions, tomorrow the gas chambers...

Smells like Freedom to me too, broseph. I do not want any Marxists getting their grubby hands on those beacons of American liberty. Today, the sodium content in Blooming Onions, tomorrow the gas chambers...

You against the masses, oh enlightened pinko. Yeah, fight that battle. I'll enjoy watching a 300 lb wildebeast sit on you and squash you like a bug. :wave:

Fucking Commies are going to have to pry this QT 55oz. two-handled insulated mug from my dead hands. I KNOW FREEDOM WHEN I TASTE IT!!

You should head down to the local DQ and share your VISION FOR AMERICA to all those stupid sheeple ordering their Blizzards. Tell us how many converts you win.

And bring j_bot with you.

i'm no timid mouse, afraid of the gov at every turn - nor am i a screaming republican fascist dickhead - i'm pro-legalization of drugs like you rob - doesn't seem we're generally so different in our politics - this one issue is an interesting wedge though

i do think, as did that one dickhead philosopher, that we do live more or less in the best possible world - it does worry me that THIS is what looks like :)

your idea of an A through F grade for foods sold in the usa is not so bad, though i don't see how that's going to be so very different from the current regime