McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

Health is a wholistic affair. Sleep, relationships, food, vices, exercise, self actualization, work, hygiene, and genetics determine one's level of health, much of which is obviously subjective.

We should regulate all of these aspects of life to ensure our population is as healthy as can be.

Will federally enforced nappy time include graham crackers and milk, or would those foods pass federal muster?

Fearmongering bullshit. There is far cry between regulating all aspects of peoples lives and regulating business practices like 24x7 commercial propaganda and full disclosure.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly, public education and voluntary compliance couldn't possibly be a solution.

Legal sanctions have worked wonders with drugs.

Wonders.

voluntary compliance of McDonald and co? what the hell are you talking about?

if the gov has to stay out of chick's uteuruses then i'd like them to stay out of my stomach too

why is this so hard to figure out firfuksakes? require folks to honestly label their food and drugs, then get the fuck out of the wya and let consumers make up their own goddamn mind.

Fearmongering bullshit. There is far cry between regulating all aspects of peoples lives and regulating business practices like 24x7 commercial propaganda and full disclosure.

it alwasy comes down to t.v. and commercials for you, which is wierd, 'cuz you don't seem the tv-watching type.

Certainly, public education and voluntary compliance couldn't possibly be a solution.

Legal sanctions have worked wonders with drugs.

Wonders.

Classic strawman. Nobody argued for sanctioning people who eat junk food. Nor did anyone here argue to sanction drug users.

Cool, cuz for a minute there I thought you were going to attack free speech rights and stuff.

I know a lot of TVs no longer have 'off' buttons, but I hear (not owning one, this is second hand), that you can unplug 'em and they stop making picherz and noise.

Dad, can we have McDonald's?

No.

Wow, that was tough.

if the gov has to stay out of chick's uteuruses then i'd like them to stay out of my stomach too

nobody said they wanted to do that

why is this so hard to figure out firfuksakes? require folks to honestly label their food and drugs, then get the fuck out of the wya and let consumers make up their own goddamn mind.

kids aren't exactly full customers yet and the family institution is in bad shape. Health care costs won't survive the epidemics of obesity. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

We could also have dealers pushing stuff while we at it.

Cool, cuz for a minute there I thought you were going to attack free speech rights and stuff.

I know a lot of TVs no longer have 'off' buttons, but I hear (not owning one, this is second hand), that you can unplug 'em and they stop making picherz and noise.

your belief that it is easy to unplug the boob tube is clearly not supported by the evidence around us.

it alwasy comes down to t.v. and commercials for you, which is wierd, 'cuz you don't seem the tv-watching type.

What people do is relevant and most of them watch commercial tv and we know that commercial advertising works.

your belief that it is easy to unplug the boob tube is clearly not supported by the evidence around us.

When I suddenly give a shite about what the rest of the herd is doing, I'll let you know. Full plate o' me own and all....

So, label the food (already done!),

not adequately,

edumicate the population (needs work),

let's disclose all industry practices

and let the citizen decide.

we also need better regulations of industry practices (safety and environment), and protection of children, possibly a tax on junk food advertising for added health care costs.

Efforts to promote public health and nutrition should be oriented towards access to quality nutrition, education, and health care. Disclosure and regulation are important, but aren't really meaningful in urban landscapes devoid of real alternatives among groups lacking purchasing power to make good choices even when they want to.

Duh.

Food is central to people's lives. Getting the resources to those who lack purchasing power in urban landscape should be a priority. I believe that p-patch programs (for example) are some of the most successful urban programs throughout the developed world. These populations have to reclaim control over the direction their lives is taking, and food is as likely a place to start, especially if there are few jobs around.

Edited by j_b