McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when was the last time you fuckers even had a chick mcnugget? THey've gotten so bad, my kids won't even touch them, and you know it's bad when that happens.

Cookie Crisp, however, is still a big hit. I only buy it for them if they howl out, "coooookie crisp," though.

cause you gotta have standards.

You don't go to a whorehouse to find a preacher,

you don't go to Macky D's to find healthy food.

You are likely to find a preacher at a whorehouse, come to think of it.

No shit McD's food is really bad for you. But when you need the daisy cutter of grease bombs, a Big Brekky's 1200 calories clears the runway for that tectonic turd you were planning on dropping off at their pool anyway.

The only problem I have with McD's is that they don't serve breakfast all day - I always seem to get there at 11:05, and, while they NEVER get an order right, they sure as hell shut down breakfast service with military precision. That leaves me with the option of ordering coffee, a soft serve cone, and little else, cuz I sure as shit wouldn't eat anything else on their menu. If I'm craving mayo and cheeze whiz that bad, I'll hit the local mini mart for the volume discount.

It's hilarious to hear folks rank on Big Food about health issues. They make PROCESSED FOOD, fuck's sake. It ain't good for you now, and never will be - cuz, like, it's processed, which is, like, their whole business.

I was relieved to discover that Kellog's new Special K flavors, and there are a shitload of 'em, have as much sugar and fat as Cocoa Puffs...cuz I prefer the latter.

McD's I have the least problem with. They make no bones about selling cheap, fast, high calorie, high fat, low nutrition food. Their more recent claims to market 'healthier' choices should be treated with the same credibility as the black out in a can makers urging you to 'drink responsibly'.

I have more of a problem with, say, the 'health food' industry (same old shit with a Koala on the box) and, more especially, the supplements industry (entirely unnecessary when you pay even the remotest attention to your diet). And how about the whole idea the fruit juice (sugar water) is good for you?

Hey, it's got what your body craves. It's got electrolytes.

And a panda.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

siding with mcdee vs health food side....based on twisted logic?ummmm.......marketing desinformation works on you,what chance does joe-sheep have??

speaking of kids cereal, what brand do we need to buy to get the secret-decoder ring for your comminques? :grin:

Rather than railing on an obvious target like McD's, a more one stop shopping action against shitfood would be to lobby congress to end farm subsidies. The subsequent rise in corn syrup prices just might lead to less of the stuff in processed food, or a price increase to the consumer of same. Maybe. I wouldn't count on it, but at least the taxpayers wouldn't be funding the obesity epidemic in that particular manner.

Another useful action would be to lobby for state legislation that keeps shitfood out of schools - while fully funding athletics programs at the same time.

The recent 'health craze' has made processed food even less healthy. Food manufacturers started by fortifying foods with vitamins you wind up pissing out anyway - then power loading 'em with corn syrup to keep your ramming that shit down your gullet. Now, manufacturers are pumping up the corn syrup volume to extreme levels, but they've added SAVE THE RAINFOREST and IMMUNE BOOSTING to the box, so it's all good. Formerly comparatively healthy breakfast cereal products, Cheerios and Special K, for example, now offer a whole family of sugarfied cousins - and they're all REALLY GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Or you can buy bulk oatmeal for .79 a pound and spend the five whole minutes it takes to cook it.

I'm off to Starbucks for a double tall mocha latte with a side of coffee cake.

Thank god I'm a member of the Elite.

I save the corn syrup for my cars gas tank, where it screws it up as bad as if I had rammed it down my own gullet.....

More government stupidity. Mandated ethanol and subsidies that increase the price of corn even further for all the folks who want to nosh on it.

Another useful action would be to lobby for state legislation that keeps shitfood out of schools - while fully funding athletics programs at the same time.

that's already pretty well in place in our state, and hardly popular - i recall the added tax on candy bars and soda got hammered big time last november - anyhow, you can't get a mtn dew in these parts, and plenty of salad to be had too, and mandatory gym classes to boot, but there's still plenty of big old boys ambling about...

I can attest that the food they serve in Seattle SD is complete garbage. I see little to no effort being spent keeping shit-food out of schools. They even have a hot pocket day.

Lots of people eat at McDonald's every day. There are plenty of dumb people who see crap like that advertised and seemingly don't know or don't care about the risks. Just like tobacco, shit like this needs to apparently be regulated. Tobacco and alcohol come with labels, and public health dollars are spent informing everyone to their risks. We should apply this same philosophy to toxic food such as McDonald's.

Or, we should remove warning labels from tobacco. It should be consistent.

I can attest that the food they serve in Seattle SD is complete garbage. I see little to no effort being spent keeping shit-food out of schools. They even have a hot pocket day.

Lots of people eat at McDonald's every day. There are plenty of dumb people who see crap like that advertised and seemingly don't know or don't care about the risks. Just like tobacco, shit like this needs to apparently be regulated. Tobacco and alcohol come with labels, and public health dollars are spent informing everyone to their risks. We should apply this same philosophy to toxic food such as McDonald's.

Or, we should remove warning labels from tobacco. It should be consistent.

Just McD's Rob? eh? Start naming fast-food franchises. Then move on to chain-restaurants - not much better. How many calories and grams of fat in a Red Robin Burger? How about your average lunch special at a chinese restaurant?