McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing what's best for poor people. So hot right now.

Word.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/62-knowing-whats-best-for-poor-people/

"White people spend a lot of time of worrying about poor people. It takes up a pretty significant portion of their day.

They feel guilty and sad that poor people shop at Wal*Mart instead of Whole Foods, that they vote Republican instead of Democratic, that they go to Community College/get a job instead of studying art at a University.

It is a poorly guarded secret that, deep down, white people believe if given money and education that all poor people would be EXACTLY like them. In fact, the only reason that poor people make the choices they do is because they have not been given the means to make the right choices and care about the right things.

A great way to make white people feel good is to tell them about situations where poor people changed how they were doing things because they were given the ‘whiter’ option. “Back in my old town, people used to shop at Wal*Mart and then this non-profit organization came in and set up a special farmers co-op so that we could buy more local produce, and within two weeks the Wal*Mart shut down and we elected our first Democratic representative in 40 years.” White people will first ask which non-profit and are they hiring? After that, they will be filled with euphoria and will invite you to more parties to tell this story to their friends, so that they can feel great.

But it is ESSENTIAL that you reassert that poor people do not make decisions based on free will. That news could crush white people and their hope for the future."

Knowing what's best for poor people. So hot right now.

lots of nutrition experts (to stay on topic) agree about it too. Funny how that works. Are you going all post-modern relativist on us?

Okay dude, open up your organic food co-op in my neighborhood, which ain't Capital Hill, offer a few courses on nutrition (maybe even have black people teach them so people come), close all the KFC's, and see how may people drive over to Aldi.

"Every year there are an estimated 76 million foodborne illnesses in the United States (26,000 cases for 100,000 inhabitants), 2 million in the United Kingdom (3,400 cases for 100,000 inhabitants) and 750,000 in France (1,220 cases for 100,000 inhabitants)."

JayB's "free will" at work.

Edited by j_b

Okay dude, open up your organic food co-op in my neighborhood, which ain't Capital Hill, offer a few courses on nutrition (maybe even have black people teach them so people come), close all the KFC's, and see how may people drive over to Aldi.

it's not a problem specific to black communities and nobody claimed it was solely a problem of education that would be solved in short order. It has also to do with communities, therefore jobs, etc ..

it's not a problem specific to black communities and nobody claimed it was solely a problem of education that would be solved in short order. It has also to do with communities, therefore jobs, etc ..

My neighborhood IS black, and largely uneducated. And the problems are much bigger than nutrition.

Right, repeatedly choosing nasty battery chicken over a free-ranger is clearly the exercise of free will LOLZ

Nature's free-range chicken!

linky

squirrel meat :rawk:

i never have understood the "free-range" description for chicken - motherfucker ends up on my plate, i'm pretty certain there was a fence somewhere in sight :)

douglass adams' 3 stages of civilization:

1st - survival stage - what should we eat?

2nd - philosophical stage - why do we eat?

3rd - fuckit lets enjoy life stage - where should we have lunch?

Right, repeatedly choosing nasty battery chicken over a free-ranger is clearly the exercise of free will LOLZ

Nature's free-range chicken!

linky

squirrel meat :rawk:

i never have understood the "free-range" description for chicken - motherfucker ends up on my plate, i'm pretty certain there was a fence somewhere in sight :)

douglass adams' 3 stages of civilization:

1st - survival stage - what should we eat?

2nd - philosophical stage - why do we eat?

3rd - fuckit lets enjoy life stage - where should we have lunch?

corollary to 3rd: what wine am I serving with my chicken?

of course, I agree. This is what I am saying. Entire communities have lost the knowledge of cooking regular meals due to being torn apart by economic hardship.

that ship sailed...uh...like...2 centuries ago? fuckit, they're cheetoes, and they go down pretty goddamn well w/ some mountain dew and cowboy-killers!

well, the definition of free-range seem to change which is unfortunate but knowing what's a battery chicken is much more critical to your health.

corollary to 3rd: what wine am I serving with my chicken?

the only place i et tree chickens, in carolina, the wine options, if they existed at all, were generally restricted to "the kind that's warm" or "the kind that's in the fridge"

"Every year there are an estimated 76 million foodborne illnesses in the United States (26,000 cases for 100,000 inhabitants)"

JayB's "free will" at work.

Non sequitur

right, there is no relation between the epidemiology of foodborne illnesses and the food industry feeding us shit.

well, the definition of free-range seem to change which is unfortunate but knowing what's a battery chicken is much more critical to your health.

i suspect that there term refers to the occasional 18-wheeler i see blazing down i-5, chickens exposed to the slipstream, peeling off feathers 5 miles behind in great goddamn clouds? :)