McD's Contribution to a Heathier You

ZimZam

Ronald Love You Long Time

Just more proof that it's all about the money and not a damn thing else. Children aren't in a position to make healthy choices while being bombarded with advertisements from corporations marketing garbage eats to the youngest of kids. When McD could have set a positive direction in the marketplace influencing the other fastfood factories to follow suit, they choked and threw up a brick. Losers. Love how the Chairman sits on the Board of the pharmaceutical too. Healthy profits though. "Now children, if it's good enough for the altar boy, it's good enough for you. You know the drill." :ass:

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh. "It's all about choice." They sound just like the tobacco companies. Their food should come with warning labels, just like cigarettes. Also, no advertising to kids.

But, seriously. Psyops? Is everyone using this word now? It's because of the moral turpitude, you know that right?

ugh. "It's all about choice." They sound just like the tobacco companies. Their food should come with warning labels, just like cigarettes. Also, no advertising to kids.

But, seriously. Psyops? Is everyone using this word now? It's because of the moral turpitude, you know that right?

Stricken. It sounded good at the moment.

Ronald McDonald is a neo-fascistic corporate shill.

i disagree - mickey-d's is what is, and there's no illusions, just like w/ tobacco companies i'd agree - you knew even before they had to put calorie info on everything that it was fatty and high calorie - obviously you shouldn't be eating there every day/week/month/etc - if you're running to catch an airplane or hauling a load of kids across the continent, it's a plenty fine place to stop in though

as for advertising, jesus-christ, if you let your kids watch commercials then who's the retard in this particuliar issue? :)

i'll agree ronald is a fucking pederast in a pimp suit though - i'm pretty certain he creeps out most kids anyway?

I ate McDonald's growing up and just narrowly escaped being force-fed into obesity by that evil clown. Maybe the fact that we only went out to eat a few times a month had something to do with it, I dunno. Parenting is way more difficult than scapegoating.

Edited by twitchy

i disagree - mickey-d's is what is, and there's no illusions, just like w/ tobacco companies i'd agree - you knew even before they had to put calorie info on everything that it was fatty and high calorie - obviously you shouldn't be eating there every day/week/month/etc - if you're running to catch an airplane or hauling a load of kids across the continent, it's a plenty fine place to stop in though

as for advertising, jesus-christ, if you let your kids watch commercials then who's the retard in this particuliar issue? :)

i'll agree ronald is a fucking pederast in a pimp suit though - i'm pretty certain he creeps out most kids anyway?

Just about any (post-climb) bar and grill serves burgers and fries with much more fat and calories than a supersized quarter-pounder and fries meal.

Nicely spoken, nothing to add to this........

if i hadn't had my 1/4 lb'er w/ cheese on this occcasion, nor layton his hip-flask of shit whiskey, we'd have had to take turns killing each other!

IMG_2372.JPG

seem to recall ole'boy even put this in his nutrition chapter in his book! :lmao:

are you saying that not watching commercial TV is a pre-requisite to not eating shit on a regular basis?

are you saying that not watching commercial TV is a pre-requisite to not eating shit on a regular basis?

i don't think so? not sure really - i hardly ever watch anything w/ commercials, but i'm no paragon of proper nutrition - its obvious though that kids do ask for what they see in most commercials though

I understood your post as saying that since any intelligent person knows that McD's is unhealthy, it is solely their responsibility to avoid eating it or avoid watching propaganda trying to get them to eat it.

How Marketers Target Kids

Kids represent an important demographic to marketers because they have their own purchasing power, they influence their parents' buying decisions and they're the adult consumers of the future.

Industry spending on advertising to children has exploded in the past decade, increasing from a mere $100 million in 1990 to more than $2 billion in 2000.

I understood your post as saying that since any intelligent person knows that McD's is unhealthy, it is solely their responsibility to avoid eating it or avoid watching propaganda trying to get them to eat it.

that's about it, though the meaning of "unhealthy" is somewhat vague to me - starving to death is unhealthy too, so giving an ethiopian kid a mcrib sammy ain't exactly the same as shooting smack into his eyeballs :) and they do sell salads n' grilled chicken, so it's not like you can't maintain yer svelte-figure despite dining there w/ some regularity.

i'm guess i'm just going for the plain vanilla buddhist truth - all things in moderation? for me at least, folks complaining about commericials making them want to buy shit just sound like whiney bitches.

i also hate any argument that involves the bitch-phrase: "we have to think about the children" :)

"This is about choice and we believe in the democratic process," Chief Executive Jim Skinner told a packed room at its shareholders' meeting, to an enthusiastic wave of applause. "This is about the personal and individual right to choose.

and we choose to make money! any question?

that's about it,

considering the health crisis due to junk food should make one think that your approach isn't working too well.

though the meaning of "unhealthy" is somewhat vague to me - starving to death is unhealthy too, so giving an ethiopian kid a mcrib sammy ain't exactly the same as shooting smack into his eyeballs :) and they do sell salads n' grilled chicken, so it's not like you can't maintain yer svelte-figure despite dining there w/ some regularity.

eating junk is unhealthy when you eat a lot of it and not much else, but your example is a fallacy insofar you could give the starving kid healthy food for not more money (or for more money if you want)

i'm guess i'm just going for the plain vanilla buddhist truth - all things in moderation? for me at least, folks complaining about commericials making them want to buy shit just sound like whiney bitches.

are you saying that advertisers spend many billions on a technique that doesn't work?

i also hate any argument that involves the bitch-phrase: "we have to think about the children" :)

I thought that parenting was among the most difficult thing I had ever done.

indeed, although this is more of a socio-cultural phenomenon than strictly an education issue. Many educated people have destructive habits but the junk food effect has reached epidemic proportions so it is a real economic issue for all of us, not just for those making a profit. It's literally their economic interest against ours.

Edited by j_b

good luck trying to convince poor people, or really human beings in general, that fat n' sugar ain't tasty and that they'd really be much happier if they just ate celery instead :)

lunch check! whatchya'll eating right now? home-made falafel balls drowned in spicy yogurt sauce for me, all to set up the 60 ounces of australian beer n' blooming onion w/ the wifey tonight :)