Black Velvet Canyon

sandalsclub

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

economy car is fine. Watch out for potholes and I don't mean the city kind of potholes but the ones you will want to drive around. I broke some cosmetic fairing by trying to go into it. but what happens in vegas stays in vegas, like the cosmetic parts.

There's a couple small washes to get thru and the last 1/4 mile is bone jarring. I'm pretty sure the insurance ends when you leave the pavement. We lost a wheel cover one year but they didn't ding us for it. And if they try to get you to upgrade 3 times they're outta your class of car and you'll get the upgrade for free!

before returning the car back, I took it to a self wash place to get all the red sand out from the outside and undersides. (in case they find some small issue)

do not have climbing gear with you when you are at the rental desk if at airport and do not tell them you are going on dirt roads. Lie. Rental company almost forced me to upgrade to a suburban (and pay incredibly insane amount for) to be able to go camping in a pay campground. Any dirt road was not acceptable for the economy cars. Lie.