Partner for general mountaineering

jlau

I'm looking for a general climbing partner who interested in tackling some of the more basic mountains this summer, Baker/Adams, various routes on Rainier, anything really. I can't rely on any of my normal hiking buddies and desperately need the help if I want to get out this summer.

I have all my own gear and transportation, summited Rainier last summer via the DC and attempted Shuksan and got turned back by weather, and have a pretty decent sense of glacier skills and navigation. But I'm also really new to the activity and could use some guidance and anyone with patience and decent organization.

Please Help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for partners as well, similar objectives.

Interested in getting on Baker, Shuksan and Rainer this summer

Been climbing since 1978

Glacier experience on Adams and crevasse rescue training with Mt Madness. Have done about 5 years of solo scrambles in central cascades in late winter and spring to learn snow and weather.

I've been getting out a bit to places like mailbox pk to get my lungs and legs out of winter funk - fitness is always the key.

Its important to get the right match with partners, and its tougher when trying to match three folks into a team. I have the technical skills, know how to read snow and weather, and transpo and gear are no problem. I am not a speed freak (in my younger days I was crazy - but I am 51 now) so these days tend to move slower but steady and take no rest stops.

If interested in pursuing this further give me a call

Chris

425 378 7965

Sounds like my situation would work well with either of you. I'm 38 and stay in pretty good shape but I don't like to push it like I used to. I've climbed Ranier 3 times, Shasta twice, Baker, Shuksan, Glacier, etc. I stay away from highly technical routes but am very comfortable on glaciers.

I'm planning on doing olympus 6/18 or 6/25. Either of you interested?

Hi y'all. I am looking for partners for some of the mellow but out of the way peaks. Mt Daniel comes to mind. I am a fast hiker but in no rush on long hikes. Have done baker shuksan icy and many others up that a way. been climbing and scramblin for years, have a wfr, and always looking for people to get deep into the mtns.

like the man says, spend a hike first to see if a couple days together will work.

zclimbs@gmail is the best way to reach me

Edited by zizzou

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've been climbing since '88; getting a little long in the tooth but still fit enough for most outings. Of the volcanoes, I think only Cooper Spur on Hood or the Tahoma or Fuhrer Finger routes on Rainier would interest me. I can usually get off for a 3-day weekend with a little advance notice. I agree with above comments: a day hike is the best way to start. PM me if interested.

-Tom