Which companies have the best customer service?

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Arc'Teryx recently for a multitude of gear issues ranging from issues with my pack to an ice axe through my alpha sv shell.

Their service has been nothing short of stellar.

Osprey has been pretty good to me in the past as well though it took a couple correspondences before I finally got the part I needed for my talon 33.

Which companies rock in customer service? Which companies are lacking?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSR, Marmot, OR, BD, Sierra Designs and Julbo, to name a few. I've sent some pretty mangled glacier glasses back to Julbo a few times and they have always sent me a brand new pair. Smith has hooked me up a few times but not always. I still really like Smith sunglasses though. I also really like Kershaw knifes. They have replaced a ton of folding knives that have gotten the tip broken off or other minor damage. They make a great product too. It never hurts to send a nice schmoozy letter telling them how great they are before hitting them up with any warranty request.

Apple. Both times I've needed anything they have shipped it to me within 24 hours of making the request. I had a powercord melt out and called them when it happened (of course it was during finals, and around 5pm), I had the new powercord free of charge by the next day!!

But in terms of outdoor oriented companies, both OR and Patagonia have been helpful and quick for me (although patagonia repairs take a while).

Patagonia is definitely good, both in store and web. Both Julbo and Mountain Hardwear answered my questions within two business days. Sportiva is also fast on response, but sometimes, the answer is not the same as dealers would tell me. Example of that is molding Spantik, Sportiva tells me it's doable, but no one will do it.

OK..did as I was told with Arcteryx and email answer in less than 24hrs. Thanks!

Backcountry.com, REI, OR, Patagonia and Mtn Harware are all stellar when it comes to customer relations imo.

Example of that is molding Spantik, Sportiva tells me it's doable, but no one will do it.

How is on my blog and Sturvant's in Bellevue will do a good job as can any good ski boot fitter with the directions.

I don't know how many people use Westcomb products, but they are nothing short of the best you can get. Had an issue with the Recon I purchased (not quality) and their customer service was beyond anything I've ever experienced. Very customer orientated.

-1 for westcomb customer service on my end for warranty/quality issue. that is separate from +++ for designs.

I have a chimera jacket from them and primaloft fibers have been coming through the lining in high wear areas within 1 year of use. Due to highlighting some type of primaloft layering technology in the marketing buzz for this jacket, it seemed like it was a warranty issue. their limited lifetime warranty covers workmanship on materials. when I contacted them they said warranty did not apply because bought via steepandcheap. Their warranty exclusion is: 2nd hand, auctions, or unauthorized dealers. I had to post on steepandcheap's facebook wall that westcomb warranty does not apply to items sold on steepandcheap before westcomb changed their tune. now that the season is over and I'm not using that jacket, I need to mail them the jacket. meh see they changed from primaloft one to sport for current model.. hrmm

+1 leki, they sent me new sections to poles that were broken (came with new tips too...score!, no questions asked, no needing to mail them broken sections)

+1 Rab, jacket had delamination in high wear areas, they inspected and exchanged. never questions place of purchase or original receipt/etc.

had issues with dead bird, took a while for them to get back to me on their harness ... i had exchanged it out at mec in the meantime

apple is very good ... swapped out a motherboard on a laptop that was out of warranty for free ... id buy from them again

anything bought at mec or rei is excellent as if it aint making you happy, theyll make you happy

same with eddie baeur ... swapped out a down sweater for someone that was leaking ... no questions asked or receipt needed

Anything from cascade designs, tents, stoves, pads ect... BD, Arcteryx,Petzl, Patagonia, Mountaingear.com, every company has been great!

Worst company I have ever delt with is LaSportiva...And I need to give them a call once again.... Not looking forward to that.

Edited by DanielHarro