Partner/Advice (also posted in Newbie)

KCK

Hey all,

So long story short I’m from MI and in Eugene finishing up my graduate school studies this May. I will be free to hike/climb after July 6 and was planning on doing Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier, and the sisters. I have done the sister’s summit before which was pretty easy. I was hoping that you all could give me some advice on routes for Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainier? As for my experience, South Sister was my first summit and I attempted middle sister in October but had to turn back because of weather. I also rock climb and know how to lead, and also am familiar with the knots/have a harness and rope. I’ve spent a lot of time outdoors and know how fast weather can move in, and I’m pretty good with navigation with/with out a map/gps. I run about 3-4 miles a day so I’m physically in shape also. I was also hoping that I would be able to meet up with a group of people and do it with them so please feel free to pass my name/email along if you know of someone. Its always better to climb with another person and would feel more comfortable with another. I’m very eager to learn and these summits are my goals for this summer because I will be heading back to MI after July (luckily I have all of July to do this). ANY advice on routes/books/people to contact would be really appreciated. Thank everyone and look forward to hearing your responses. I’m also going to post this in the topic about looking for partners to climb with so ignore if you see it again.

-Kyle

Email: kck11@albion.edu

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha well don't know if you heard but Detroit is booming and covered in gold....that is yellow caution tape. Love Detroit and heading back but LOVE the mountains so want to get in as much as I can before I go. GO WINGS!!

Hey Kyle, I am new to Seattle and also want to climb Rainier this summer. I was thinking mid to late July, but if someone offered I would go anytime. I just need ten days in advance. I know little to nothing about Rainier, but I am a strong climber and have good balance. I ve been as high as 19000ft in Nepal and I seem to do well at 14,411ft. I am having a hard time finding a climber partner, so if your thinking of a date just let me know.

Hey Jwhalas, I will keep you informed but you are on the top of my list. I was thinking probably third week in July or so. I don't have much experience above 11,000 but needless to say I'm in good shape and know I can do (might take a bit longer). Hope all is well in Seattle and lets keep in touch.