FINALLY! Bin Laden DEAD!

jon

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of those kids look like they were 8 when 9/11 went down, is there a fraternity row next to the White House or something?

when I lived there... yes. They are often "aides". The slutty ones are well.... sluts. Pay to play. Down the block the 20 year old showed up at 10am in her Carrera Convertible to service after wife had gone to the gym

Murder? Murder is shaking a baby to death, murder is killing an innocent person because it gets you off, murder is breaking into someone's home and stealing their life for no good reason at all.

This is war bro, death is just a job realated hazard.

Am I upset OBL is dead? To be honest, a little. I would have rather we captured him and paraded him around like a show dog, now he is a martyr. Though his death will bolster our boys' confidence and morale, this will also give the bad guys another reason to fight too. The spring fighting season is starting up, this means more funerals of lost friends to go to. That sucks, but that is part of the job and we all accept that. Cheering for the death of a bad guy is the least thing on the long list that makes me a savage.

Now, who wants to teach a savage about climbing mountains?

Yeah, I'd say wanting to parade any human being around like a show dog qualifies you.

No cheering required.

I'm sick of all of the PC bullshit that I hear complaining that people shouldn't have been celebrating in the streets; that it somehow makes us no better than the people shooting guns in the streets of somewhere in the Middle East after 9/11.

For those who find it hard to comprehend let's be clear: We aren't celebrating the death of 1,000's of innocent people who were murdered by a terrorist organization led by one man. We're celebrating the death of the man responsible for the murder of thousand of innocent people because he can no longer mastermind these plots.

Go smoke a flipping peace pipe and STFU.

Yeah, I'd say wanting to parade any human being around like a show dog qualifies you.

No cheering required.

"civilized" never has meant much - the romans were civilized - they woulda made certain osama lived for obama's triumph - christ on a cracker, we spend a trillion dollars catchign homeboy and can't make a quality reality-tv event out of it? :crazy:

titus1.jpg

No cheering required.

"civilized" never has meant much - the romans were civilized - they woulda made certain osama lived for obama's triumph - christ on a cracker, we spend a trillion dollars catchign homeboy and can't make a quality reality-tv event out of it? :crazy:

Indeed. Vercingetorix comes to mind.

I'm sick of all of the PC bullshit that I hear complaining that people shouldn't have been celebrating in the streets; that it somehow makes us no better than the people shooting guns in the streets of somewhere in the Middle East after 9/11.

For those who find it hard to comprehend let's be clear: We aren't celebrating the death of 1,000's of innocent people who were murdered by a terrorist organization led by one man. We're celebrating the death of the man responsible for the murder of thousand of innocent people because he can no longer mastermind these plots.

Go smoke a flipping peace pipe and STFU.

not saying you (we) don't have a reason to have a beer and reminsce on the osamas of yesteryear, but you are missing the moral relativism element - the folks who cheered on 9/11 were as convinced as you are that the murders de juor were justified - who's actually right? who fucking cares. whoever's left standing to make the movie of the week out of it i reckon.

feel like it took me a damn decade to finally get his name pronouced right - betcha had to look up the spelling though! :)

the big v was a damn site more sympathetic figure for sure.

feel like it took me a damn decade to finally get his name pronouced right - betcha had to look up the spelling though! :)

the big v was a damn site more sympathetic figure for sure.

Damn straight on both accounts.

The Romans 'civilized' the world you know... from the 'barbarians'. But we in the US, are the brutes. We buried OBL at sea according to Muslim tradition. The Romans would have desecrated OBL's remains in public view, then slaughtered his people and taken his women and children as slaves.

That's a good point Ivan but... While they may have been convinced that they were right that would be at a loss to provide evidence of any specific actions that those murdered on 9/11 did to bring them harm.

Acts of war should be directed at specific targets that create a threat to a just society. Assuming that Al Qaeda is a just society (as it would seem necessary to this argument) what sorts of threats did people working in the World Trade Center pose to their way of life?

I suspect it's clear to everyone the threat that Osama bin Laden posed to our way of life.

These are the people we should be sending to war.

I'll take a couple of the sluts if you don't want them

"Wanting" is not the issue - Mr. Small Hands wouldn't know what to do with them.

Dude, if you can't get laid at a public execution in America, you should be ashamed.

That's a good point Ivan but... While they may have been convinced that they were right that would be at a loss to provide evidence of any specific actions that those murdered on 9/11 did to bring them harm.

Acts of war should be directed at specific targets that create a threat to a just society. Assuming that Al Qaeda is a just society (as it would seem necessary to this argument) what sorts of threats did people working in the World Trade Center pose to their way of life?

I suspect it's clear to everyone the threat that Osama bin Laden posed to our way of life.

just playing the devil's advocate, mind ye, but our august country has routinely destroyed innocents in the pursuit of the greater good as we saw it - trail of tears, sherman's march, the 8th air force leveling every town in axis europe, hiroshima, agent orange, yadda, yadda, yadda - the actual people we've killed on these occasions we've justified just as quickly and easily as those joyous dickheads in the street a decade ago

the defintion of a "just society" is inseperable from the culture that produces it - from the vantage point of the pro-9/11 crowd, which obviously takes a psycho-conseravtive view of islam, the twin towers and pentagon were appropriate targets as symbols of an imperialist empire that routinely killed innocents in iraq and supported governments hostile to their one-true-interpretation of islam, which is not as crazy as more than a few other things folks seem to accept w/o blinking an eye, like the existence of invisible beared men in the sky hanging out in bathrobes and fuzzy slippers :)

again, not looking to shed tears for osama - just agreeing w/ the basic point that its odd that Modern Men would be dancing in the street over the taking of any human life - is it a colonel kurtz thing? "You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us."

I am surprised at the lack of skepticism about the official story, especially considering how NO evidence was given. I don't understand why they chose to not bring in independent observers before they got rid of the body as it would have been a very easy way to prove beyond any doubt they got OBL. Officials can't claim to be surprised that some people won't take their word at face value without some proof. Their pretending they don't have a credibility problem certainly isn't evidence of anything good.

there's plenty of skepticism out there, just not too much from americans it seems, or at least americans being interviewed by fox :)

most of my students yesterday said they thought it was fishy and wierd that the body was dumped, but didn't jump to saying it was b.s., nor do i, mostly b/c i don't care - dead or not, osama had become a footnote in history - if he's still alive (and not making music w/ elvis, tupac & jim morrison) i'm sure he'll have a new diatribe ready for podcast in a couple days :grin:

i liked the random paki i heard interviewed on npr y-day - he said he didn't much believe the annoucment b/c he'd heard it before, and that it didn't matter b/c regardless there were still plenty of violent jihadi dickheads in his country, and that the usa would go on violating paki soveriegnity b/c there was fuckall they could do about it