[TR] Cannon & Cashmere - 4/22-23/11

danhelmstadter

Trip: Cannon & Cashmere -

Date: 4/22-23/11

Trip Report:

Early April 22 Telemarker and I set out on foot from the Icicle up the Rat Creek drainage with overnight packs and skis on our backs. We climbed and skied the NE couloir of Cannon, then climbed up to the north shoulder and skied the N couloir, skiable (but not for long) down to Eightmile creek, where we camped, and I endured a chilly night in my new $35 jr nomad sleeping bag. The next day we climbed Cashmere and skied it's NE couloir, then booted back up and skied the SW (pinner) couloir from the summit. The hike out to my rig at Eightmile CG was quite pleasant, with the beautiful crags of Icicle ridge glowing in afternoon splendor.

My thoughts at times and especially on Cashmere were with Danny Zimmerman, and his family and friends. I ran into Danny in the Icicle once or twice, I didn't know him very well, but I am getting to know the soulful timeless mountains he loved and called his home, and I will return again to surround myself In their beauty. Rest in peace Danny.

John's TR with Pictures -- http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=20638.new

Edited by danhelmstadter

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic