honesty at Vantage

Saturday I left my camera by the path at Tomato Wall. 4 hours later, I realized it was gone. Walked back – there it was – someone had picked it up and put it on a rock out in the open by the trail so it would be easy for me to find. I bet *at least* 100 people walked by it and left it alone, knowing (of course) that eventually the guy who left it would be back.

I had 3 days’ worth of photos on it that I had not yet downloaded.

Very nice.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I bring aluminum cans when climbing. That and when you're done you can compress them to take up less space. Light and fast!

Totally true! And there's some decent beer these days in a can.

Hey John,

Since you're looking at this thread, what are you doing wednesday?

Walgreens has a beer called Big Flats. $2.50 for a six pack (cans). Cans are awesome cause you can crush them and put them in your pack. But at that price, I don't care if my partner or the party next to us bums one off me.

Great, my group hug for higher ideals turns into a sinkhole for drunks. The cc.com leveling effect.

Oops! You're right. My bad! I've come across more good people than bad out there. Your story reminds me of early this spring of passing a rock on the way back to the parking area. Someone had placed a brand new pair of mythos on it, no doubt in search of their owner.

Great, my group hug for higher ideals turns into a sinkhole for drunks. The cc.com leveling effect.

Sorry but for all my years of living in Ellensburg I used vantage as a training ground - for both climbing and drinking.

No big, I was laughing when I wrote it. I was off >18 months with rotator cuff tears so now anything about climbing puts a big grin on my face. It's all good.