A5 Cliff Cabana Portaledge and Expedition Fly

JohnGo

For sale is a mint condition A5 double portaledge with expedition fly, just in time for big wall season. I’m selling it because my life has shifted from a focus on climbing. While sad to let go of some big wall dreams, a sweet bit of gear like this belongs in the hands of someone who will use it properly.

The ledge and fly are sold together as a unit. They have seen very little use, and are in like new condition. This model is the Cliff Cabana, slightly larger ledge than the others sold by A5. Ledge comes with bomber stuff sack and tent pole to keep the fly off your face.

A5 ledges are known for their bomber construction, so you get a solid night’s sleep and can lounge at the bivy or your backyard tree in comfort. The expedition fly will keep off hail, spindrift, and peregrine falcon poo with ease.

As a comparable, the Metolius Bomb Shelter double ledge and fly go for $750 + $375 (April 2011, moosejaw.com), so a rig like this is over $1,100 new, ouch!

From the A5 catalog link below, you can my ledge sold new for $875 in 1996 (scroll about half way down the page for the price list.)

Dimensions are: 84” long by 50” wide, plenty big enough for you tall folks.

Weight: ledge 13.5 lbs. and the fly is 6 lbs.

I prefer to sell locally in the Portland area. I will consider shipping, but it will be fairly expensive to ship. The buyer pays all shipping costs plus a $20 handling. Serious buyers are of course welcome to come by, see it in person and set it up.

Rather than cut and paste all the flowery descriptions and specs, you can read all the details here in the A5 catalog.

http://www.bigwalls.net/climb/A5f/1996Catalog.pdf

The ledge and fly are $400, cash only.

John

503-502-1844

info at outdoordads . o r g

pl_and_fly.jpg

pl_a5.jpg

pl_reinforcment.jpg

pl_fly_end.jpg

pl_end.jpg

Edited by JohnGo

• 5 months later...