Exit 32 Climbing and Parks Agreement

matt_m

Anyone have a picture of the sign posted by WW1 warning "hikers" of the "dangers" of climbing? Anyone have info on what the "arrangement" is with the Parks Dept re: climbing access?

I'm in a new locale now (TX) that's pretty clueless about climbing on parks property. Trying to get access setup down here for a local wall and any info one has to aid my cause would be greatly appreciated!

MM

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll miss your thoughtful posts here.

The biggest risk to hikers is gaping around at the top and falling off rather than climbing the wall. No signs up there that I have seen. Hikers heading up the ledge at the base to gawk can be an issue but climbers and their dogs and not hikers appear to be the most at risk but also the least likely to complain and sue.

My favorite part is the handicapped parking spots at a site with little if any reasonable potential for disabled folks to head up the trail or do anything else in the vicinity.

We'll miss your thoughtful posts here.

The biggest risk to hikers is gaping around at the top and falling off rather than climbing the wall. No signs up there that I have seen. Hikers heading up the ledge at the base to gawk can be an issue but climbers and their dogs and not hikers appear to be the most at risk but also the least likely to complain and sue.

My favorite part is the handicapped parking spots at a site with little if any reasonable potential for disabled folks to head up the trail or do anything else in the vicinity.

I'll still be lurking here! I need to check in now and then to be reminded of what good granite is like!

That's what I thought - The PNW doesn't hand hold as much as they do down here.