Ecuador Climbing?

Hey, me and a few friends are studying abroad in Ecuador from June to December, and I definitely wanna get some volcanoes and other climbing in. Does anyone have any recommendations on guides (or the lack of) for the volcanoes, any necessary gear I should bring, or any travel/logistics advice? Also, does anyone know about any cragging near Quito, I'd hate to not climb for 7 months!

Any and all comments are appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've climbed Cotopaxi, Rucu Pinchinca, and Illiniza Norte. PM me if you have specific questions and I'd be happy to tell you about my experience and give recommendations. I also have the Brandt climbing guide for Ecuador if you want to get on some of the less traveled peaks without a guide, which I would recommend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey been in Quito for a month, just climbed Guagua Pichincha yesterday, cool shit...

Anyway, can anyone give me beta on the non-standard routes on Cotopaxi, Illiniza Sur, Antisana (especially), Cayambe (or any others!) Looking for more than a glacier slog at elevation; there's gotta be some harder stuff already put up!

Thanks in advance