Is resoling rock shoes worth it?

Buckshot

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well worth it. Ramuta is THE MAN. It's no joke that your shoes come back BETTER than factory fresh, especially the edges. I have a beater pair of gym MOCS that are now on their 5th or 6th resole. Still good!

Frankly, 9 out of 10 climbers and DUMB when it comes to resoling. They wait to damn long and kill their rand or the shoe. WHY? Seriously. Do you let any other shoe you own get so beat that you can see your TOES? As SOON as the sole gets CLOSE to not protecting the upper rand, they go in.

Another vote for Ramuta's. Sent him three pairs including some OLD trashed La Sportiva high tops that I had a sentimental attachment to. Yes, I waited way to long. Had a conversation with him when he got them and he said he would do his best. In the end he decided that he couldn't save them because the heel cup had disintegrated but he shipped em' back to me (didn't charge me for shipping)with an apology. Looking them over I realized that he really had tried to fix them and had obviously spent a little time on them all ready when he decided it wasn't worth it. Never charged me a penny for those attempted repairs and the other two pair came back better than they both were the day I bought them. This was my first and only experience with him but I will send every shoe I need resoled to Ramuta's for as long as he is in business.

Agree with Rudy...don't mess around...just send them to Ramuta's

Cascade Cobbler does a pretty good job but, at least when I tried them they weren't up to ramuta's standards. The toe was great but the outside edge was kind weird I think due to a mis shaped last or something...this was on a pair of anasazi velcro's and it wasn't a hugh deal except on hard face climbing like you get at index.