The next big cuts in Washtington

kevbone

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there were any period in your life your hair should be on fire, it is now.

Fuckin' A right on jb! Other than your usual points, the bitches in government are debasing our currency via overspending and fucking us all in the ass. (despite what you say, I give Reagan very low scores on the budget and spending, you obviously were sleeping in class again)

Meathead huh? You think anyone reads your pithy crap? They see that Munch painting and scroll the fuck down as fast as their fingers can scroll. Why don't you get off your fucking elitist high horse and get fucked.

Thats just some weak assed shit that you tossed in there and it appears that you can't refute jb's shit with real numbers or information. Just bring some facts first. :ass: BTW, I often read his pithy crap, (sometimes I scroll) but I've generally stopped responding as I don't believe he reads, or if he does read, he doesn't reflect upon, others posts. Thus his rants tend to be arm waving ravings and not actual dialogues with information exchanged like others posts often are.

Take care all :wave:

"Elections have become a charade, run by the public relations industry. After his 2008 victory, Obama won an award from the industry for the best marketing campaign of the year. Executives were euphoric. In the business press they explained that they had been marketing candidates like other commodities since Ronald Reagan, but 2008 was their greatest achievement and would change the style in corporate boardrooms. The 2012 election is expected to cost $2 billion, mostly in corporate funding. Small wonder that Obama is selecting business leaders for top positions. The public is angry and frustrated, but as long as the Muasher principle prevails, that doesn't matter.

While wealth and power have narrowly concentrated, for most of the population real incomes have stagnated and people have been getting by with increased work hours, debt, and asset inflation, regularly destroyed by the financial crises that began as the regulatory apparatus was dismantled starting in the 1980s.

None of this is problematic for the very wealthy, who benefit from a government insurance policy called "too big to fail." The banks and investment firms can make risky transactions, with rich rewards, and when the system inevitably crashes, they can run to the nanny state for a taxpayer bailout, clutching their copies of Friedrich Hayek and Milton Friedman.

That has been the regular process since the Reagan years, each crisis more extreme than the last -- for the public population, that is. Right now, real unemployment is at Depression levels for much of the population, while Goldman Sachs, one of the main architects of the current crisis, is richer than ever. It has just quietly announced $17.5 billion in compensation for last year, with CEO Lloyd Blankfein receiving a $12.6 million bonus while his base salary more than triples.

It wouldn't do to focus attention on such facts as these. Accordingly, propaganda must seek to blame others, in the past few months, public sector workers, their fat salaries, exorbitant pensions, and so on: all fantasy, on the model of Reaganite imagery of black mothers being driven in their limousines to pick up welfare checks -- and other models that need not be mentioned. We all must tighten our belts; almost all, that is.

Teachers are a particularly good target, as part of the deliberate effort to destroy the public education system from kindergarten through the universities by privatization -- again, good for the wealthy, but a disaster for the population, as well as the long-term health of the economy, but that is one of the externalities that is put to the side insofar as market principles prevail.

Another fine target, always, is immigrants. That has been true throughout U.S. history, even more so at times of economic crisis, exacerbated now by a sense that our country is being taken away from us: the white population will soon become a minority. One can understand the anger of aggrieved individuals, but the cruelty of the policy is shocking.

Who are the immigrants targeted? In Eastern Massachusetts, where I live, many are Mayans fleeing genocide in the Guatemalan highlands carried out by Reagan's favorite killers. Others are Mexican victims of Clinton's NAFTA, one of those rare government agreements that managed to harm working people in all three of the participating countries. As NAFTA was rammed through Congress over popular objection in 1994, Clinton also initiated the militarization of the U.S.-Mexican border, previously fairly open. It was understood that Mexican campesinos cannot compete with highly subsidized U.S. agribusiness, and that Mexican businesses would not survive competition with U.S. multinationals, which must be granted "national treatment" under the mislabeled free trade agreements, a privilege granted only to corporate persons, not those of flesh and blood. Not surprisingly, these measures led to a flood of desperate refugees, and to rising anti-immigrant hysteria by the victims of state-corporate policies at home."

Is the World Too Big to Fail? by Noam Chomsky

But wait! Have you considered the possibility that it all might be a statistical artifact or...[font:Arial Black]illusion?[/font] Check this out...

hollywood_animated.gif

Meathead huh? You think anyone reads your pithy crap? They see that Munch painting and scroll the fuck down as fast as their fingers can scroll. Why don't you get off your fucking elitist high horse and get fucked.

Thats just some weak assed shit that you tossed in there and it appears that you can't refute jb's shit with real numbers or information. Just bring some facts first. :ass: BTW, I often read his pithy crap, (sometimes I scroll) but I've generally stopped responding as I don't believe he reads, or if he does read, he doesn't reflect upon, others posts. Thus his rants tend to be arm waving ravings and not actual dialogues with information exchanged like others posts often are.

Take care all :wave:

I don't even know what the fuck he writes because... get this: I don't read his long winded diatribes. You know why? because his posts are nothing but

arm waving ravings and not actual dialogues with information exchanged

and

I don't believe he reads, or if he does read, he doesn't reflect upon, others posts

To be completely honest, I don't know what this thread is about. I got 5 words into Mr. Munch talking shit to any and all and wanted to kill a fucking kitten.

I am still waiting for a single explicit criticism of anything I said but all I get from you pathetic wankers are insults and demonizing. I guess, it's par for the course in spray but as long as the fuckwits are irritated, I'll assume that I am right on target.

The Big Government Bill was talking about?

[video:youtube]gsblLLPX2r4

Anybody actually surprised that Billcoe who spends most of his time in spray madly raving to the tune of "getting big gov off our back" has nothing to say about tea party extremists shoving big gov down our throats?

all I get from you pathetic wankers are insults and demonizing. I guess, it's par for the course in spray but as long as the fuckwits are irritated, I'll assume that I am right on target.

LOL. Irony.

j_b is so above the fray.

says the goon who offers nothing but demonizing.

Do the wealthy relocate to avoid taxes?

When anyone brings up new taxes on the rich, the big objections is that such taxes end up being counterproductive because the rich simply flee to places that don’t tax them. This is, in theory, particularly true at the state level. It just doesn’t appear to be true in practice.

A few years ago, New Jersey instituted a tax that raised rates on those making more than $500,000. Predictably enough, some clever academics swooped in to test the prediction that all the rich folks would leave. So how’d it fare? Poorly:

The study found that the overall population of millionaires increased during the tax period. Some millionaires moved out, of course. But they were more than offset by the creation of new millionaires.

The study dug deeper to figure out whether the millionaires who were moving out did so because of the tax. As a control group, they used New Jersey residents who earned $200,000 to $500,000 — in other words, high-earners who weren’t subject to the tax. They found that the rate of out-migration among millionaires was in line with and rate of out-migration of submillionaires. The tax rate, they concluded, had no measurable impact.

The study went on to conclude that “the policy effect is close to zero,” though if it exists for anyone, it’s for the over-65 crowd who live off their investments.

dunno 'bout rich folks, but since wa state started wanting an extra 2$/pack for the drugs i smoke, i've found it pretty easy to fulfill my death wish in fabulous or-e-gone instead :)

So then it's true for the poor/intelligentsia and for small dollar amounts. They'll go elsewhere. The wealthy must just be too stupid to move for a 2.6% tax increase. Well, that applies to New Jersey but apparently not to Maryland who appear to have seen a different thing altogether. Of course, this was only a temp tax set to expire.

http://www.open.salon.com/blog/richard_rider/2011/04/08/overtaxed_maryland_millionaires_go_missing_1

http://washingtonexaminer.com/taxes/2009/05/its-not-just-millionaires-fleeing-maryland-taxes

"Maryland couldn't balance its budget last year, so the state tried to close the shortfall by fleecing the wealthy. Politicians in Annapolis created a millionaire tax bracket, raising the top marginal income-tax rate to 6.25%. And because cities such as Baltimore and Bethesda also impose income taxes, the state-local tax rate can go as high as 9.45%. Governor Martin O'Malley, a dedicated class warrior, declared that these richest 0.3% of filers were "willing and able to pay their fair share." The Baltimore Sun predicted the rich would "grin and bear it."

One year later, nobody's grinning. One-third of the millionaires have disappeared from Maryland tax rolls. In 2008 roughly 3,000 million-dollar income tax returns were filed by the end of April. This year there were 2,000, which the state comptroller's office concedes is a "substantial decline." On those missing returns, the government collects 6.25% of nothing. Instead of the state coffers gaining the extra $106 million the politicians predicted, millionaires paid $100 million less in taxes than they did last year -- even at higher rates.

No doubt the majority of that loss in millionaire filings results from the recession. However, this is one reason that depending on the rich to finance government is so ill-advised: Progressive tax rates create mountains of cash during good times that vanish during recessions. For evidence, consult California, New York and New Jersey.

The Maryland state revenue office says it's "way too early" to tell how many millionaires moved out of the state when the tax rates rose. But no one disputes that some rich filers did leave. "

I am still waiting for a single explicit criticism of anything I said but all I get from you pathetic wankers are insults and demonizing. I guess, it's par for the course in spray but as long as the fuckwits are irritated, I'll assume that I am right on target.

You will be waiting for a long time... no one is reading a word of it. But you wont know that because (as said before many times) you do not read or don't consider any other view point from your own.

This is the solitary reason everyone who manages to read one of your rants is so blatantly offensive to you. You are an narcissistic asshole.

You didn't read this post, and if you did, you will just call me a right winger, wombat or some other cop-out generalizing label.

If you weren't such an angry asshole, you might not be so verbally abused. You have the mentality of a pubescent who missed a dose of Ridalyn. Finish that last glass of pink chamblis and take a nap. Maybe you will wake up as a somewhat less surly miser.

:wave:

all I get from you pathetic wankers are insults and demonizing. I guess, it's par for the course in spray but as long as the fuckwits are irritated, I'll assume that I am right on target.

LOL. Irony.

j_b is so above the fray.

says the goon who offers nothing but demonizing.

Fuck! It keeps coming! Are you pulling our legs? :lmao:

So then it's true for the poor/intelligentsia and for small dollar amounts. They'll go elsewhere. The wealthy must just be too stupid to move for a 2.6% tax increase. Well, that applies to New Jersey but apparently not to Maryland who appear to have seen a different thing altogether. Of course, this was only a temp tax set to expire.

I don't think the New jersey study took place over just one year like the MAryland data you mention (note that your article says that most of the missing millionaires were likely awol due to the recession, not because they moved). The result of such policy has to be assessed over multiple years to be meaningful.

You will be waiting for a long time... no one is reading a word of it. But you wont know that because (as said before many times) you do not read or don't consider any other view point from your own.

This is the solitary reason everyone who manages to read one of your rants is so blatantly offensive to you. You are an narcissistic asshole.

You didn't read this post, and if you did, you will just call me a right winger, wombat or some other cop-out generalizing label.

If you weren't such an angry asshole, you might not be so verbally abused. You have the mentality of a pubescent who missed a dose of Ridalyn. Finish that last glass of pink chamblis and take a nap. Maybe you will wake up as a somewhat less surly miser.

:wave:

animated-finger.gif