Hard Core TR

mikeadam

I am not ready to attempt Garfield. That mountain is a major undertaking!!! Just getting to the summit was bad enough. Rapping from the top to explore the butress would probably result in rockfall and I would end up dying. I don't want that. I will leave that one for a real hard man. Any takers? I dare you to just climb the fu**ing mountain let alon put a new route on it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Why not explore thge mountain from the ground up instead of on rappel silly. Its not in the guidebook or anything
[Roll Eyes]

Do you really think it's wise to go poking around in an area that's not in the guidebook? Let's be responsible out there. [Eek!][Eek!]

Greg [Wink]

quote:

Why not explore thge mountain from the ground up instead of on rappel silly. Its not in the guidebook or anything
[Roll Eyes]

Are you blind? No, I will not be doing any explorations of the Garfield Choss Buttress anytime soon. This is more your style Mr. Hardman who can't get a hardon from climbing anymore. You do this climb, you will have a nice high for weeks after. Be sure to take your drill, the cracks will need bolting. It could go free though.

quote:

Originally posted by Crackbolter:

quote:

[Roll Eyes]

Are you blind? No, I will not be doing any explorations of the Garfield Choss Buttress anytime soon. This is more your style Mr. Hardman who can't get a hardon from climbing anymore. You do this climb, you will have a nice high for weeks after. Be sure to take your drill, the cracks will need bolting. It could go free though.

You should be over on the war of the avatars thread its where all the cool people are.

CB,

There are also some more attainable climbs to be had from the parking lot at mile 17 in the middle fork. Cross the river and head up the trail for a bit. The rock is obvious and similar to the types of climbs found at 32/38 and the far side.

I tried that thing (Garfield) twice in the winter and I won't be back until summer that's for sure.

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

CB,

<snip>

I tried that thing (Garfield) twice in the winter and I won't be back until summer that's for sure.

Mike, did you ever look at the West Peak? There

is a slabby route that should be relatively brush

free, about 6 pitches of rock to 5.5 or so. First done in '65 I think. (in February no less!)