Favorite TR Ever Contest Voting Thread

JayB

1)Read the rules/info here before voting:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1012183/Re_Best_Trip_Report_Voting_Con#Post1012183

2)I'll start the nominations off with my own:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=495658

"Layton-Wolfe. September.05"

From the objective, to the route, to the writing - I can't remember a better candidate for "Greatest TR Ever" than Mike and Erik's TR from their FA on the East Face of Mox Peak.

4/7 Update: Changed the thread title to better reflect the main idea of this contest.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple ideas/requests: Since there are 5,525 TR's, even if someone's read 250 of them, that's only like 5% of the available candidates. I'm personally hesitant to say I've read THE ONE that's the best.

Perhaps some of the old hands could post their personal "top 5 favorite TR's"? Kinda separate the wheat from the chaff a bit for everybody. It would be fun to read them, then we could '+1' the TR we liked best out of those lists.

Another idea is that people who've authored a lot of TR's could volunteer the one they're personally most proud of, y'know, like those Academy Award ads which say "for your consideration."

I agree, TR's are one of the best things about this board. I would enjoy reading more good ones.

A couple ideas/requests: Since there are 5,525 TR's, even if someone's read 250 of them, that's only like 5% of the available candidates. I'm personally hesitant to say I've read THE ONE that's the best.

Perhaps some of the old hands could post their personal "top 5 favorite TR's"? Kinda separate the wheat from the chaff a bit for everybody. It would be fun to read them, then we could '+1' the TR we liked best out of those lists.

Another idea is that people who've authored a lot of TR's could volunteer the one they're personally most proud of, y'know, like those Academy Award ads which say "for your consideration."

I agree, TR's are one of the best things about this board. I would enjoy reading more good ones.

- Think about it "Your Favorite TR Ever," or "A really inspiring, or funny, or had awesome pictures" TR. It's all subjective - so don't worry too much about whether or not your favorite(s) could objectively qualify as the best ever.

-We encourage self-nominations. If you've got a favorite TR that you've offered, take a moment to share it. If the "Greatest Ever" thing feels weird to self-nominate for, feel free to add a disclaimer, e.g. "I don't think this is the best TR ever, but this was a great adventure that I remember fondly," etc.

-Posting your personal Top-5's in the non-voting thread is a great idea. You should start things off by posting links to your own Top-5, Top-3, or whatever.

Great ideas! Everyone please use the non voting thread to post your favorite TRs. Don't be shy to to post your own! This contest is to reward you for being a supporter of cc.com!

And Friedrich drop me a PM to claim your prize for last months contest :)

Right on! I put up a top 9 on the other thread.

There are some amazing TR's on here of hard FA's on remote Alaskan peaks, but for me, the "regular guy" stuff a little closer to home is the most FUN to read.

Here's my favorite. Nice blend of sporty climbing, humor, and local achievability, with great pictures throughout.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=974525

Edited by Friedrich

2)I'll start the nominations off with my own:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=495658

"Layton-Wolfe. September.05"

From the objective, to the route, to the writing - I can't remember a better candidate for "Greatest TR Ever" than Mike and Erik's TR from their FA on the East Face of Mox Peak.

4/7 Update: Changed the thread title to better reflect the main idea of this contest.

+1 :tup: