Mt. Hood South route, Possibly Wyeast route 4/9

TRoth

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me:

I was an Indoor Rock instructor for 2 years, covering I II and TA'd High angle rescue. I learned all basics from a Timberline Mountain Guide. very capable of understanding complicated rope systems, and rope management. Summited Mt.Adams South route through devils kitchen and up the south summit. Been on Hood 3 Times, never summited, or made it past hog's back due to one inversion, partner injury, and falling rock. Very good with Map Navigation and compass Work.

I'm 22 and go to OSU now. The "Gym Climber) attitude and mentality are killing me. I was looking all over down there for a partner, but nobody even knows what things like Munter hitch, Prussiks, Anchor building, etc. are. Very frustrating, I love to be out in the hills.

I would be interested in finding a long term climbing partner, all my old ones had kids and quit or moved.

I want to start looking into more technical climbing like Ice and mixed in the long run.

Now we are talking!!! I need a solid partner out here too, my bro got married and any other buddys I have are too scared..

I too like the harder climbs. Alpinist over mountaineer any day.

Just curious how big of a guy are you and are you in good shape now?