Onward Christian Soldiers

Choada_Boy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck'em if they can't take a joke - why is it every fundementalist of every stripe the whole world over couldn't strap a bomb to themselves and make The Big Plunge on the same goddamn day so we could get over this dickhead hump?

The retard level is off the chart over there.

Come to think of it, the retard level of whoever decided that burning Qurans was a good idea, wasn't exactly a bright star in the universe of common sense decision making. Personally I think we should close the door and throw away the key on the Middle East/SW Asia before we waste any more blood and treasure. If we REALLY wanted .99 gas we'd just take it, and quit playing silly phuck-phuck games.

The retard level is off the chart over there.

Come to think of it, the retard level of whoever decided that burning Qurans was a good idea, wasn't exactly a bright star in the universe of common sense decision making. Personally I think we should close the door and throw away the key on the Middle East/SW Asia before we waste any more blood and treasure. If we REALLY wanted .99 gas we'd just take it, and quit playing silly phuck-phuck games.

Welcome to the dark side....took ya long enough. BTW, wasn't your last post how the retard level was so high HERE on CC.com? See how easily even we can be eclipsed! Stay safe. :wave:

Might be worth asking the late Molly Norri's current pseudonym if she'd rather have one crazy ass religious maniac like Terry Jones at her back or a million thoughtful, moderate folks when invoking her constitutional right to conspicuously violate Muslim religious taboos.

I'm sure that if he had his way Terry Jones would like to strip away a lot of the constitutional freedoms that I enjoy and use the government to impose his own band of religious fanaticism on the country - but on this particular issue I'm glad that we have religious fanatics who are willing to risk their lives by invoking their right *not* to be bound by a Muslim religious taboos because the rest of us are clearly too frightened to do so.

The same freedom that protects a Left-wing performance artists right to defecate on a flag, douse it in lighter fluid, and do an interpretive dance atop the flaming pile in stilettos protects the rights of a crazy-ass Baptist nutcase to burn the Koran and broadcast the whole thing live on the internet.

Might be worth asking the late Molly Norri's current pseudonym if she'd rather have one crazy ass religious maniac like Terry Jones at her back or a million thoughtful, moderate folks when invoking her constitutional right to conspicuously violate Muslim religious taboos.

I'm sure that if he had his way Terry Jones would like to strip away a lot of the constitutional freedoms that I enjoy and use the government to impose his own band of religious fanaticism on the country - but on this particular issue I'm glad that we have religious fanatics who are willing to risk their lives by invoking their right *not* to be bound by a Muslim religious taboos because the rest of us are clearly too frightened to do so.

Have you taken to 3 martini lunches Jay? I can't hardly understand what you're on about here.

The Rev. Terry Jones is not a warrior in the cause of personal freedom, he's just another cheap attention whore in a Tabloid Nation.

The same freedom that protects a Left-wing performance artists right to defecate on a flag, douse it in lighter fluid, and do an interpretive dance atop the flaming pile in stilettos protects the rights of a crazy-ass Baptist nutcase to burn the Koran and broadcast the whole thing live on the internet.

Funny how the hypothetical leftwinger gets the bulk of the verbiage here despite the fact that it's the real bloodthirsty psycho that's getting innocent people killed. How about placing our friends and family's freedom from becoming collateral damage in your righteous crusade a little higher on your priority list in the discussion?

That may not be his intent, but my argument is that fanatics like this who are willing to conspicuously violate Muslim religious taboos and catch whatever flak comes their way - whatever their reasons - do a hell of a lot more to hold the line for anyone else who might want to engage in any form of expression that Islamists might find objectionable than anything that all of the very reasonable and well intentioned people could muster on behalf of Molly Norris.

Funny how the hypothetical leftwinger gets the bulk of the verbiage here despite the fact that it's the real bloodthirsty psycho that's getting innocent people killed. How about placing our friends and family's freedom from becoming collateral damage in your righteous crusade a little higher on your priority list in the discussion?

1) He does have a price on his head so your argument that he hasn't taken any personal risk is untrue: "The FBI says Hezbollah has a $2.4 million bounty on his head, reports the network."

2)If you are all about the safety of soldiers, you could have made a much stronger case for squelching the publication of the Abu Ghraib abuse Photos, for keeping a lid on the secret detention/rendition facilities, etc but I don't recall you ever making that argument, and I don't think you'd advocate curtailing the freedom of the press to protect overseas staff/soldiers in Iraq or anywhere else.

Nope, I'm not for squelching, curtailing, or otherwise keeping a lid on anything. This jackass and others like him should be publicly shamed for being opportunistic hatemongers rather than unlikely martyrs for 'merican values. For your argument to hold water, you need to back it up something that suggests these actions are having a positive effect on the kind of changes you'd like to see in societies where extremism is strong. If you're not able to do that, then you're just whistling out your ass while this dude is demonstrably making what is already a bad situation worse.

1) He does have a price on his head so your argument that he hasn't taken any personal risk is untrue: "The FBI says Hezbollah has a $2.4 million bounty on his head, reports the network."

Really? Can we contribute to this fund using Paypal?

Jus askin is all... it's obviously not his fault at all if he yells "FIRE" in a crowded Whitesnake concert and people are too stupid not to get trampled in the rush for the doors.....we all have our freedom of speech is all I'm sayin'.. :whistle: