Spray is Gone

olyclimber

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LONG LIVE SPRAY. I rwmemba when the spray was the ahiznit. There was some peoples said some funny things. Clever things. Can't really remember who now. It all got messwd up with wconomy collapse and work respnsility. Now theses goddamn smartphones make angry typing possible nearly anywhere. Btw Costco has 30 packs of the blue ribbon for almost free. I spray pee.

Former CC.com NUT KRUSHING spray power has been transferred to Poseidon temporarily to raise world awareness about the evils of nuclear power, a supreme alliance with Allah to raise oil prices so that the chosen people of Arabia can have more cars and bigger palaces. Smarten up!

Quick question the owners/mods. Why DID you bring Spray back? What value does it add to this board? I'm sure spray creates 70%+ of your traffic, but is driving up your site visits the end goal of this board? If I turn "spray" back on, I can see that the people who post in Spray most often also have almost no TRs or climbing related posts.

look at the top TR section to the left. two of the top three TR contributors are frequent sprayers. 4 or 5 of the top ten spend a ton of time in the spray forums.

but the real reason...its an outlet. if we don't have an outlet, the level of spray will rise in the rest of the board.

i know there are varied opinions on this topic, and you likely have a different opinion on the matter...but that is the reasoning behind it.

and spray is where the members of the board can go to talk about topics other than what the board is for. yeah, it seems like it is usually politics, but thats what people seem to like to talk about.

...but the real reason...its an outlet. if we don't have an outlet, the level of spray will rise in the rest of the board.
Precisely what I thought would happen if it remained "gone." Spray never really "goes away," it just shows up elsewhere, and usually in inappropriate places. You can see evidence of this on other boards on teh intertubez.

I, for one, am glad it's back. Like Porter is saying above, it keeps the content in the other forums cleaner in the long run. And if you don't want to read Spray, then don't click on it. Jeezus, people, how fucking difficult of a concept is that to grasp? :rolleyes:

Quick question the owners/mods. Why DID you bring Spray back? What value does it add to this board? I'm sure spray creates 70%+ of your traffic, but is driving up your site visits the end goal of this board? If I turn "spray" back on, I can see that the people who post in Spray most often also have almost no TRs or climbing related posts.

Fuck off, boy scout. :fahq::battlecage: