BREAKING NEWS: Hikers stuck in crevasse on Mt. Hood

scot'teryx

polish bob-

i support your stance totally....but you are sending your message totally incorectly...no-one will listen to you when you call a guy who's corpse is still warm an "ass hole" that is just rude man....i support what you are thinking...just not necessarily what you are saying man....just think about it....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea red monk, rude , maybe. but they are dead. so what about the people they leave behind with all this shit to deal now. how rude is that? and how rude is when people cause an accidet and because of it some guy dies? how rude is that?

i knwo dude it sucks that they fucked up and we have to deal with the issues that they have casued....but there will always be unprepared people on glaciers as long as there are glaciers.... calling the dead ass-holes wont help keep the inexperienced away from heavily glaciated terrain and consequently raise our rates.... respect man....they were people too... they were fellow climbers too man.... i hear what you are saying i do.... but lets respect each other...we get enough crap form the media and outside agencies that we dont need to thrash on each other.... all about the love brotha [smile][big Drink]

Crazybob,

Well, we all have a turn being an asshole, maybe I took my turn tonight. I'm done name calling. That's cool you're trying to prevent possible accidents from happening, I can appreciate that. I was bothered by what seemed like a calloused attitude about the deaths on Hood and Rainier. Yes, people die in climbing, we all know that and accept it. Just doesn't seem like trashing the victims is necessary. When you referred to "the idiots on Baker" it really irked me. They're my friends, so of course I'm going to defend them. Also, you were basing your opinion off what you read in the paper? Yes the general public reads the paper and doesn't care to find out the rest of the facts. Are you the general public or someone who has 20 years of climbing experience and has seen some bad shit go down and been involved in some bad situations yourself? Which way are you going to play it? I do agree w/ you as far as people shouldn't go into the mountains expecting to get bailed out if something goes wrong. Just the same I'm pretty damn happy my friends are alive and that SAR was willing to go out and help them. I hope to never need rescuing myself and do what I can to avoid it, but if my time ever comes I'd also be glad to have SAR help my ass. I'd be glad if they helped your ass out of a bad situation too. I don't understand how or why the Hood accident happened, it was a horrible chain reaction. It's a damn good thing some of the climbers that got dragged into the crevasse were firefighters and were able to triage and help the injured and also start extricating people from the crevasse. Sorry, now I'm rambling.

Like I said, it's cool you're trying to prevent accidents. I don't know if being calloused and pissing people off is going to accomplish that.

quote:

if i can make one person think twice, my job is done.

You might be able to make two or three people think twice if they didn't have to sift through the bullshit.

quote:

about being an asshole. i guess it worked. big argument out of the whole thing. well sometimes you have to be an asshole to make a point.

I guess...it seems most of the arguments posted have been about how big of an asshole you are. If that's the point you were trying to make-that's cool. [laf]

well i don't know either. i guess i decided to try that for a change. so far being nice did not work. and how many peoplew have to die before we stop and think for a second? i am sure lot's of people went out last weekend and climbed. do you think there were close calls again?

better to sift through bullshit then the body parts. i guess you never had to deal thin an open skull fracture or a bone parts poking through the ankle. because if you did you'd shut the fuck up.

quote:

Originally posted by crazypolishbob:

hey lamboner- and one more thing- i just noticed that in a year you posted about 1500 posts on this site. that makes about 5 a day- when do you find your time to climb? let me on this secret fader!

You registered in May and you allready have 22 posts. That brings you up to about one a day...well on your way to official spraylord status. What is a fader? [Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

Hey there Mr. Pope, gimme a little credit...at least I don't talk shit about dead people and use four letter words like "fader"
[Wink][Razz][big Grin]

"Fader" is a five-letter word. Hardeeharharhar. To be fair, you occasionally display greater class than your nasty cyber-equal.

Boob,

You want to help people be safe by bragging about your history with injured partners? Who would listen to or climb with you? People who climb with you get hurt!

"Couple of my friends smacked me around for a good mesure and they were getting in my face for sure."

You obviously aren't the friend of anyone on this board. Even Redmonk, who cheered you on once is telling you to chill. No one will listen to some asshole stranger.

"i don't belive in rescues, i belive in accident prevention... i watched guided and unguided parties on snow/ice slopes, no pro, nothing and all roped up. i did not say anything, just kept my thoughts for myself thinking how stupid they were. accident like the one on hood was bound to happen."

Nice work- way to prevent an accident. So you brought your passive-aggressive ass to cc.com to alleviate your guilt because some climber died since you didn't have the balls to speak up and tell them how to climb safely.

"so what about the people they leave behind with all this shit to deal now. how rude is that?"

So if they called in a rescue and get saved, are they still assholes?

I have nothing against getting the word out that the mountains are to be respected and feared; or that if circumstances are dire and out of your control that you should call for help. I do believe that there are effective ways of communicating this to other climbers. I feel that this is a constructive and informative forum and is degraded by those who indiscriminately vent their anger here.

I don't claim to be any kind of "expert" mountaineer, but I consider myself a responsible mountaineer, and have a healthy respect for my limits.

Bob, you could be doing some good for the climbing community, but your self-contradictions, abrasive manner, lack of focus on a single point, and irresponsibility eliminate any shred of credibility you may have aspired to bring to this discussion.

hey joe, i guess arguing with you is completly pointless. you just have no idea what you are talking about. sorry. period. you are a misrable puffter. i am sure your parents worked for a communist propaganda machine. you take things out of contecst and twist them around. no sense expalining anything to you at all. you are a complete waste of skin. where do you work- army, police or INS? you just jumped on a tredmill of cell phones as a rescue tool. and talking about counterprductive. you did not bring a single positive thing, not a single piece of advice. i guess it's hard to do it if your experience is "limmited"- maybe read zero, ziltch. you are a TOOL.

Crazypolishbob,

Thank you and good nite. You are right- I give. Uncle. I'm tapping out. You win. Cell phones, smoke signals, bile spewing, whatever. I've come to the realization that I've been spinning my wheels arguing with you. No matter how hard I try to make a fool of you, you always beat me to it, and in fine style. You couldn't argue your way out of a paper bag if the instructions were in Polish. Hooked on phonics might help. You will single-handedly revive the Polish joke movement.

[Roll Eyes][Moon][hell no][sleep][sleep][sleep]

yea, yea, yea, you guys have the game going on! doesn't change the fact that you can't climb for shit, so you pretend that you are doing something. just wonder- how come i don't see you fuckers in the mountains? oh - i forgot, you spray but you don't actually climb [laf] : [laf][laf][Moon][Moon][Moon][Moon][sleep]