WTB: Dana Design ASTRALPLANE or McHale

ZenoMarx

couldn't find a Vortex 7000 (if you have one you want to sell, definitely get ahold of me), so I'm onto my 2nd choice. Anyone have a medium belt/medium pack Astralplane they want to sell (or trade, if that is your inclination)? Or if you have a bigger McHale, I'm open to that as well.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, McHale Packs are larger than they are rated. My McHale Sarc is supposedly 3800 cubic inches, but I used it on Denali to very good effect. A 5200 + cubic inch McHale should be big enough to carry eveything you could possibly want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a McHale pack that I am willng to let go. I twisted Dan's arm to build what was at that time a lightweight pack for alpine style climbing in Alaska.

It is roughly the same size as an Andinista or Chaos but carries heavy loads far better, and IMHO climbs better. The pack was build to fit me (I'm 5'9" w1th a 19 3/4" back measurement). There is a fair amound of room for weight savings if you take a scissors to it and leave off the pockets.

The pack is in very good condidion. It has a small scuff, but that is about it. I'm thinking $175. As far as bolts, the hip belt is threaded onto heavy duty, stainless steel ladder lock buckles. It is VERY securely attached.

I have a Astralplane but it is a large. I am 5'11 and it rode fine and I bought it new. It is a great pack but I have gotten older I don't have the time to do the extended trips If your interested notify me and I will get some photo's to you tomorrow.