Parking at the Snow Lake - Alpental lot?

JZickler

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been this season, but in winter's past they have allowed parking in the lot at the end of the road past the main Alpental parking lot. During the rest of the year one needs a pass to park there. Maybe sleeping in your vehicle is techinically not allowed, but I doubt anyone would hassle you if you keep a low profile.

Edited by DPS

I don't know if it was bs or not, but last year I remember hearing something about an overnight camping/parking fee. If this isn't the case check to see if they're cool with parking in the lowest lot, or the first lot you come to driving up the Alpental road.

• 2 weeks later...
I just heard from Geoff G.that they are towing and ticketing all overnight parking in all lots. I hope this is not true.

Over night parking is allowed. You need to register with security to avoid any problems. (425)-434-7669

I called the above number recently and spoke to security. Unfortunately what they told me is that they ARE towing all overnight parkers. Even though I offered to pay the $10 bucks for the RV fee and park in the RV lot (as described on their website) they said 'no, that's only for people who are going to stay in their vehicle.'

They were adamant on the subject-- apparently they've recently decided they are going to "enforce the policy" to not allow overnight parking "during the ski season" whenever that is.

This kinda pissed me off, especially because the upper 2 lots are on forest service land. I politely asked how they could do this on public land?

The guy on the phone said that they have the ability to do this under the terms of their conditional use permit with the US forest service.

Call the number yourself and see what they say. This sucks.

Are there signs saying that there is no overnight parking and that they will tow you? Wonder if they have a ride program to get you off the pass to where ever you car its towed. Wonder if you called the police to say that your car was stolen. Seems like ticketing would be the best policy if they are going to be dicks about overnight parking. Besides how many cars are in the lot for "overnight parking." Could not be that big of a number.

On Sunday I saw a number of vehicles parked in Alpental lots with lots of snow on top of them and recent snowplow tracks around. It was pretty obvious they'd been there overnight.

Maybe if you have the right license plate number security doesn't mess with you ;)

:) That would be cool. What bugs me is the unpredictability of it. I parked there overnight on Dec 17th blissfully unaware, no problems.

Then 2 weekends ago after calling and getting the scare-down, we parked super far away for our overnight, because it would really suck to get back from a climb and find out your car was towed. Too much risk.

Luckily we were able to thumb rides both to and from the trailhead almost instantly. Nice people around here. Too bad the owners of the facility aren't so welcoming.