Yosemite guide book?

chris54

In September of this year me and a buddy are going to yosemite to climb Mt. Whitney and rock climb for 9 days. Our rock climbing level is 5.6 to 5.9 trad and sport. I hoping before we go to get more multi pitch experience but we mostly climb single pitch. I was wondering what guide books you like or any suggestions. Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Supertopo offers an "ultra-classic" select guide book for the Valley and a seperate edition for Toulumne Meadows - those alone would probably take up your whole trip. IF you insist on passing up miles of great climbing to drive down to Mt Whitney, then I'd really recommend climbing the Premier Route (aka the Beckey Route) on Premier Buttress in Whitney Portal (5.8), listed in Bishop Rock Climbs. Anything away from the road is in Sierra Peaks and Passes, which is kind of like all three of the Cascade guides in one volume (and about as heavy!).

For comprehensive roadside guides, from Whitney to the Valley there's 7 guide books, an 8th alpine guide book, and 3-4 select guidebooks that I can think of off-hand. Good luck fitting all that into one week!