heads up. speed traps on hwy2

genepires

I am sure most of you know if you frequent this road, but there are police situated regularly on hwy around sultan, startup and goldbar nabbing skiers who speed through the 35mph speed zones. Everyday I go by there, they got someone pulled over. State revenue is down so they are making it up on the hwy.

There was also one hunting on the passing lane section just east and outside of goldbar city limits. So heads up in the passing zone sections too.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geek project: people tweet locations of cops looking to ticket speeders, info uploads to google maps, compares cop locations with your location based on the GPS in your smart phone, sound alarm if approaching one. App name: cop map

Ya... I was skiing Stevens for a couple days last week via Leavenworth, and on the way up hill one day we saw three, yes THREE unmaked cops. Looks like any old sedan, wait and spark the bowl in the p-lot or watch the hell out! And this is on the other side of the hill by Coles Corner and such, so they must be god damn everywhere.

Easy solution: drive the speed limit. HWY2 could use a few more people driving less like maniacs and more like conscientious people. Sorry to sound like a grandma, but that roads already is unsafe enough. no need for speed, reckless driving, or driving under the influence. Flame on!

Alright grandma Dave! It is not really a reckless driving thing. It is real easy to be driving the speed limit and pull into the towns, you slow down but still be way over. When you go 55 and pull into a 35 zone, it is easy to be 10 over without noticing.

I have actually not seen many "maniacs" on hwy 2. Things get rodeo like within a couple miles of the ski area but other than that, the drivers are very mellow. If you want maniacs, look to your neighborhood (mt baker hwy) or vancouver. Talking smack about my "peeps" is lame. Clean up your own backyard Dave.

Clean up your own backyard Dave.

oh, I'm on a one man crusade! :lmao: HWY 542 is terrible too. I agree that part of it is people getting jacked up about getting first chair and huckin' the gnar.

You're absolutely right about rolling into Goldbar and being 20 over. Oops! Reckless driving ticket. Damn it!

I "commuted" to Entiat for seven summers, and I would disagree with you about the recklessness of HWY2 drivers. I think the problem is that the road itself is loaded with driveways, turns, towns (slow zones), scenery, and gapers. This means the conditions mandate people slow down. And that's where the disconnect is. Ya'z got to slow down when things get nutty! The other part is the road just gets packed on weekends and people get impatient with the motorhome doing 5 under, and start to drive aggressively.

oh, and I'm not talkin' smack about your people... I'm talkin' smack at you!

Edited by max

take it to spray Dave, this is just a public service message for our people heading up the hill. Don't get your smart brain all wound up.

maybe you should suggest an initiative for making all hwy going to a ski area to be 25mph for old men like yourself. It has been 18 days since our last serious accident. It is all good!

Geek project: people tweet locations of cops looking to ticket speeders, info uploads to google maps, compares cop locations with your location based on the GPS in your smart phone, sound alarm if approaching one. App name: cop map

If I was smart enough to use thang dang nabbit nancy electronic gizmo, I would be smart enough not to speed through the towns.

Many years ago I got a ticket driving a little too fast down the hill into Sultan, and I thought I'd drive out to court in Monroe and see if I could get out of it. I didn't have much of an argument, though, or at least the Judge didn't think so, because all I could really say was that I missed the change in speed limit because it was raining buckets and I was busy watching the road. I managed only to get $8.00 shaved off my ticket. It barely paid for my gas.

The best advice is to obey the speed limit. You can drive like an idiot and you might get to the ski area ten minutes quicker but no matter what you do it won't be a lot more than that.

If you are driving to California and keep it 5 mph over the speed limit for twelve hours you will pick up an hour or a little more. Not so much if you are speeding through Gold Bar or hitting 70 for that brief interval of open road on a straight away further up toward the pass. What adds to your travel time are the stops along the way - drive there without stopping for gas, coffee and deli sandwiches at Safeway and you'll save a half hour.

I was on a mtn hwy in Sumatra on a bus driving full out. Three people got car sick, but the driver only pulled over when a fourth person puked on his back. So he pulled over and rinsed his shirt off in a stream. Then we piled back and he he tried to make up for lost time...more sick passengers.